lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2011, 02:29 PM   #41
Canyon2011
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 99 EZ GO TXT DCS That will not go

[COLOR="Red"]I Wish someone would get back to me......help answer some of these questions......THANKS [COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Black"]
Today I took all leads off the motor and checked it with 18v applied to motor and it works without problems. MOTOR OK SOLENOID OK

1. Is there a separate test I can run just on the controller?

2. Is there a test I can run just on the ITS?

If I replace one to see if that is the problem.....which one first?

Scottyb thinks it is probably the controller.....new at local cart shop $809. rebuild mine $350. any other suggestions???? where to find one. should I upgrade to 400amp one?

ITS is about $150. but hate to get it if not needed......
Canyon2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2011, 03:58 PM   #42
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I am pretty sure I have posted both the controller test and the ITS test in this thread?

By the way, I have the DCX400 amp programmable Alltrax control for $448
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:34 PM   #43
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon2011 View Post
1. IS THAT OK? OR DO I CONNECT THE GRN/BLK WIRE SOMEWHERE?
You can if you want but it won't make the cart run, it's just the reverse beeper.
Quote:
2. Will it be ok to disconnect the ITS switch wires (pedal switch) and hot wire them to see if it is the ITS switch giving me problems?
.....When I turn the key on I hear the solenoid click, but with key on I don't hear a click when I press the pedal....A friend here at RV park said I should.
I would leave the ITS switch alone for now, can you hear the microswitch clicking when you depress the throttle?
I have friends that tell me to do all sorts of things, is he familiar with Ezgo carts?
Quote:
3. Is there some way I can hot wire the motor to see if it is OK or not?.....like connecting a different 12 v battery to it to see if it turns at all?
I wouldn't do that yet either.

Start with something like do you have your 36v across the small posts of the solenoid with the key on and the throttle depressed?
If yes and the cart doesn't move, try a 6ga jumper across the large posts and see if the cart moves.

Here is a DCS troubleshooting guide: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...leshooting.pdf
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO