lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2011, 07:49 PM   #1
dansevo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default How can I speen up my ez go medalist without breaking my piggy bank?

Hey guys I have looked for your help many times before and would like to know what I could do to make my ez go medalist faster without breaking the bank I really only cruize around in my neighborhood but when im going down a hill... its like a bat outta hell... then comes going back up the hill__Which a kid on a bicycle could pass me. Although the carts looking nice it is a little too slow. If anyone has some input please let me know. Also if any of you guys have a setup used or new let me know what the damage would be. Thanks again!
dansevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2011, 08:04 PM   #2
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How can I speen up my ez go medalist without breaking my piggy bank?

i have a medalist, essentialy a txt. had the same problem. first i change the cables (all) to 4 ga. then went with a larger controller and hd solenoid and front -rev. switch. if i did again i would build my own cables and get an upgrade fnr set up from scotty. next i went to 48. but that was later. just the first steps made noticeable dif.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:09 PM   #3
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: How can I speen up my ez go medalist without breaking my piggy bank?

madoc1 and I almost share the exact same upgrade path. On a series cart upgrades can be done in increments to help spread the cost. I think it took me six years to get to 48v!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:33 AM   #4
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Lightbulb Re: How can I speen up my ez go medalist without breaking my piggy bank?

There are a few things you can do but they want net the speed you want until you do the full 48 volts.

1. Bigger cables for everything. The charger cables can be left alone they don't run the cart.
2. Build are buy a heavy duty F/R switch.
3. Make sure everything is clean and tight.
4. Taller tires make for some top end speed gains but not many.
5. High speed gear set will do the most if staying at 36 volts. The most expensive to though= $500.00 -$600.00 depending if you do it yourself.
6. A high speed motor will cost you even more most of the time.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:23 AM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

for 225.00 plus shipping you can put a plum quic in it...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO