lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2011, 07:44 AM   #11
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: setting idle on FE290

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
It will still "buck" even when idling... it's the nature of the beast with some carts.

I explained why I wanted my cart to idle Chris... others may have different reasons. "To each, their own"

You were just a little harsh there my friend!

My bad, I was having a bad day

Chris
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2011, 10:27 AM   #12
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I have a CC that will not idle, guy just bought it but I think it has a problem like dirty carb/etc. I don't work on CC that much so....anyway with a yamaha all you do is put it in neutral and set the idle speed on the carb (at top) to idle just faster than the starter, that would be slower than a lawnmower....or nearly as slow as it will run. Then fine tune the mixture screw if it has one some newer carts will not, then turn the idle mix out about 1/4 turn more so its a little rich this makes for faster starting, but verify it will idle slow. That idle must be slow enough the cart does not move. You must have some slack in the throttle/pedal cable so you can push the pedal (in gear) and it idles without the cart moving (unless it moves on the starter alone but it should not). Then you can touch the pedal and it starts and idles but does not go, more pedal and it smoothly takes off. The reason to do this is if you get a kid or someone else that wants to go real slow to look at flowers or whatever, they will run it on the starter and kill the battery and/or the starter. If it idles it can't be run on the starter like that. It will start better and take off smoother if you want to take off slow. When a carb shuts all the way it stops airflow which can mess up the mixture, so not a good idea to have idle off all the way. If it pops when you slow down the idle needs to be richer. If you want to set it up differently, well its your cart go right ahead I find this works best so I do them like that. It takes a little to get used to the pedal travel, but I can stop with my foot on the gas and it sits there and idles long as I want to hold it there. For cart use I find the pedal start much nicer though, I put a clone in a g9 and used stock starter it works just like stock. Only reason I would want idle is to run lights or cool off after hard riding with a larger engine, etc. You can put a switch to bypass the pedal for that if you want.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:43 PM   #13
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post
My bad, I was having a bad day

Chris
No prob Chris!
Then I guess it's a good thing you didn't see what I wrote before I edited it to make it "nice"! ...hint...

And sho... no offense, but, your juuuust a little "long winded" there pal!
You might want to try something... first... switch to Decaf, and then...
Hit the ENTER key for new sentences, and twice to create paragraphs... it's just plain easier to read!

Soooo MD? what was your final outcome?
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:55 PM   #14
mountaindew
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

no,I just hooked the wire back up and left everything the way it was
mountaindew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:04 PM   #15
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Hit the ENTER key for new sentences, and twice to create paragraphs... it's just plain easier to read!
I don't always have time, but you did get your money's worth!
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car