lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #1
furburner
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Exclamation 88 marathon adjusted throttle cable now wont go

I WENT TO ADJUST THROTTLE CABLE AND NOW THE MOTOR TURNS OVER BUT WONT ENGAGE CLUTCH. I COULD RUN FOR A SECOND AND IT WOULD DIE DOWN. NOW IF I HOLD CHOKE OUT A LITTLE BIT IT WILL RUN ?????
furburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 88 marathon adjusted throttle cable now wont go

this might be a really simple question, but assuming you adjusted the correct cable and not the choke or governor by accident, did you make sure that the cble adjustment is correctly tensioned? these carbs are set up backwards from most, meaning if tension is off the cable the throttle opens (unlike most carbs that are designed to spring back to the "shut" position)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
this might be a really simple question, but assuming you adjusted the correct cable and not the choke or governor by accident, did you make sure that the cble adjustment is correctly tensioned? these carbs are set up backwards from most, meaning if tension is off the cable the throttle opens (unlike most carbs that are designed to spring back to the "shut" position)
i was thinking the same thing based on a cart i worked on......this cart sat for over 2 years with this simple problem.......the guys who worked on it even went as far to swap engines because the cart just didn,t run right or even run at all sometimes.....they replaced the carb more than a few times rebuilt the engine and even put another engine ....replaced fuel pump several times even went with a elec. fuel pump.......problem was...........the 2 cables that run thur the bracket by the carb they had them mixed up the wrong cable connected to the wrong area of carb....simple as that.....i reversed cables cart ran like new .........this cart sat for years without this being figured out......so yes its easy to adjust the wrong one.......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #4
dkd824
Not Yet Wild

That sounds like mine. I it ran then it quit. I have a cable that is not hooked to anything and I don,t know where it goes. I knoe the one is the choke but not sure where the other goes.
dkd824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO