lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2013, 10:17 PM   #21
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Snorkel?

does it run the same? have you tryed it up to top speed? guess i have to much air flow and will shorten it tomorrow..then again if i used the stock air box im sure it would be fine but look kinda funny in my case
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2013, 10:24 PM   #22
Obee
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Still puttin' it back together and waitin' on more parts. Don't know why it wouldn't run the same as before? Hopefully it will be test driven this weekend.

Jeff
Obee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #23
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

Anybody have a vid of a gas cart running through water above the floor? This I would like to see and learn what was done to the clutch to make it possible. All the carts I have ever had, whether stock or big blocked with performance clutches, the belt would slip to the point of not being able to move foward once the lowest point of the secondary clutch goes under.
Xtreme Cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:07 PM   #24
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

obee yours will run the same with the original restrictive air box..jut adding the filter in my pics made a good difference imo,when it was in the stock location..i will lower mine tomorrow to see if it helps..
the reason is mine is getting more air than fuel now with the 5ft long tube ive been told by pachanga..we will see tomorrow how it goes..too much air thru the filter can kill the engine but your set up will be perfect..id even bet on it
Old 02-11-2013, 11:16 PM   #25
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

SassyCat,Its' not that you are getting too much air,its' too resrtictive,so its' actually getting too much fuel.I was looking thru your thread and saw the pic of the G2 in Water,it reminded me of when I built my cart.I got it done literally as people were showing up for the picnic I have every year.I jumped on it and pounded it all day,no problems at all.The next day I give it a bath,pull the seat up and OH-BOY!!!!I never put the air-filter on it!It was the open carb,right next to the tire,with mud and slime hanging out of it!!!I washed it out,Yes Washed!!!Put the seat back on,went for a ride,it was fine.Put a filter on it and pounded it for almost 4yrs!!!It still runs,I swapped to an Opposed,and saved the 2pg for another project!
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:22 PM   #26
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thankfully it didnt get hurt no yamahas in my thread that i no of,but i think i seen the video your talking about
i been running my cart for months with a total open exauhst..when doing the long travel i noticed the pipe hanging a inch from the block underneath lol..couldnt belive it was running so good for months like that,,after i got the nuts tightened back up it runs so quite i was amazed,but it also has a lil less power with the muffler actually working lol..gonna try the bbq muffler clean out sometime soon i think,but i think its fine..just a old tired motor that wont let go and die just yet..kinda like us i guess
Old 02-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #27
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

lowered my snorkel 2-3 ft and still the same..put a restrictor plate i made and drilled 7 3/8 holes in it then it ran much better but not as good as originally..
so,put it back where it was and running tops again ordering heim joints tonight for the 4 stroke honda i have and will use the fresh air snorkel for that maybe..if it dont make it loader like it did the 2 stroke
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO