lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
AUSaltfish
Not Yet Wild

Question Amplifier Overheating Polyplanar ME60

I have installed a polyplanar mp3 kit4 on a 2000 club car DS with 8-6v batteries. I have a 12v voltage reducer (25 amp) that is powering the unit. We have tested everything with a meter and it appears to be hooked up correctly. The amp overheats almost instantly and the unit does not make any sound other than a popping noise from the speakers. When speakers are connected the constrict and hold. Has anyone had a similar issue or have any advice. Polyplanar does not know what may be wrong and is asking to send the amp back in to be checked. They also stated another customer had this issue that couldn't be resolved after he burnt up 3 units. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
AUSaltfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2011, 03:18 AM   #2
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Amplifier Overheating Polyplanar ME60

power the amp up from a different 12V source. ie: car battery, gel cell, computer power supply, etc.

if the problem still exists, you'll know its the amp thats at fault.
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:46 AM   #3
AUSaltfish
Not Yet Wild

It was the amp. I tried hooking up an old alpine 4 channel and it worked fine. I will have to send this one back to PP. Only bad thing is now I like the sound of this amp due to more power and I'm sure the pp will not be as good. I just don't think this one will last very long exposed.
AUSaltfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:44 PM   #4
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

mmm... Alpine! i have a old 3545 sittin' here.

you could open it up and give it a DIY conformal coating. something like Caig's PreservIT or Corrosion X.
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts