lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2011, 07:41 PM   #1
leecatd8209
Not Yet Wild

Default Ford Golf Cart Battery Diagram

I'm new here, I know how forums work, and everybody's going to yell at me to search.

My uncle just bought like 6 POS golf carts at an auction, and is trying to get the Ford "running".

He can't provide me with any other information other than that it's a Ford, 36v, 6 battery setup. Pretty helpful huh?

Any help is greatly appreciated, also maybe some links to other technical data or parts or whatever, I'm having a hard time finding anything.
leecatd8209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2011, 08:10 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Ford Golf Cart Battery Diagram

Ford doesn't make golf carts. They did make an NEV (Neighborhood Electric Vehicle) called the Think, not sure if this is what he has. Does it look like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eadmzabehqaapey.jpg (39.4 KB, 8 views)
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:13 PM   #3
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

OK, so maybe it could be considered a golf cart:

from Wikipedia.....

TH!NK Neighbor

The Neighbor was designed to meet the NHTSA specification for Neighborhood Electric Vehicles. Design and manufacture was unrelated to the Th!nk City. The Neighbor was initially offered in two models, a two-seater and a four-seater, with a two-passenger utility truck version offered near the end of production. The TH!NK Neighbor had a fixed roof over an open enclosure; a rain cover was optionally available to protect the passengers from the elements. The normal top speed was governored to 25 miles per hour (40 km/h) per NHTSA requirements, and it also had a "turf" mode that set its maximum speed at 15 miles per hour (24 km/h) for golf course use. Many options were designed for use on the golf course: it featured a bag rack, a holder for scorecards, tees, and balls, and a club washer. Additionally, there was a trunk option for the four-passenger version that could double as a cooler.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:05 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The Think is a Ford, it uses 6 12v agm batteries, better get your wallet out!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:23 AM   #5
leecatd8209
Not Yet Wild

It's not that at all, it's super old. I'll have to see what i can dig up on it. I'll post a pic if i can get one tonight.
leecatd8209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:29 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Likely somebody put a ford emblem on a very old golf cart.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts