lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2011, 12:00 PM   #1
ddr225
Not Yet Wild

Default Ruff and Tuff - Lets Go! Wait, No Go!

Hey guys, Im new here to the forum and new to golf carts as well. Ive got a 2007 Ruff and Tuff that has recently acquired a "Go" issue. Everything has worked fine till all of a sudden there was no forward and very slow reverse. Ive checked all electrical connections, charged batteries(50 volt output), still nothing. When I put it in forward and press the accelerator it attempts to take off then shuts off. I did notice when this happens, the lights on my F&R switch and battery meter go out. When I put it in reverse, sometimes it goes slowly and sometimes it does the same thing as forward. I know most of you by reading through some of the threads suggest staying away from Ruff and Tuff, just hoping I can get the technical knowledge I need from you gurus! I appreciate any help you can give me.
ddr225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2011, 11:30 AM   #2
Carts Zone
Getting Wild

Default Re: Ruff and Tuff - Lets Go! Wait, No Go!

650 amp sepex controller? If its sepex controller sounds like F & R is burnt out in controller.
Carts Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Welcome to the forum!

My neighbor has this same cart, I've asked several questions here and they usualy go un answered. We can't find aftermarket parts or accessories that will fit with the thing. He talked to a local shop, who stopped selling R&T all together after nearly every one he sold came back to the shop with one problem or another. He said the best advice is to sell on on Craigslist and buy an EZGO or a CC. His words, not mine.

His runs fine, but goes a whopping 13 MPH, strange for a 48V cart, that's on high speed, the low speed switch slows it down to about 8 MPH. Batteries are good, motor ok, everything tests fine, but that's all she has. Runs great other than that. (it's been this way since new in 08')

I've asked about controllers, lift kits, etc and nothing, nada, zilch. Even told by a VERY reputable motor shop that they won't touch it.

Not busting on your cart, just stating my experience with them.
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:58 AM   #4
ddr225
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the replies! I have figured out that a couple of my batteries took a dive. Sealed gel cell batteries are junk! As for the speed, mine will go 17 - 19mph on a 2600 rpm motor. Ive got a 6in axle lift on it 10"rims and 22" tires. I believe most ezgo accessories will bolt right on, I know thats what my lift is. So with all that said, I guess Im gonna bite the bullet and buy some new batteries! Yes I shouldve gone with a known brand but didnt know better at the time. If I have too much trouble Ill prolly sell it and go back to a nice Polaris 4X4
Old 10-27-2011, 12:17 PM   #5
Carts Zone
Getting Wild

That was my second answer, cause one bad battery can cause same thing.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:17 PM   #6
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Good to know.

What year accessories for an ezgo do you have to buy? The front axle on this 2008 R&T looks like a pre-2001 Ezgo.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:20 PM   #7
ddr225
Not Yet Wild

I honestly dont know the answer to that. The cart shop told me the kit would bolt right up. I know his supplier is Red Hawk http://www.golfcart.com/. Ill try to post a picture of the front of mine.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:38 AM   #8
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That's just like the front end on my buddy's cart. The spindle from a 2001+ ezgo is too big for that front axle, makes me think it's the same as the older one?? Maybe someone can chime in to see if that is the same as the pre 2001 ez axle???
Old 10-28-2011, 10:00 AM   #9
Carts Zone
Getting Wild

sales guy at redhawk says use 2001 up spindle kit..
Old 10-28-2011, 10:11 AM   #10
HGC2010
Gone Wild

I just put Trojan 875 batteries in an 07 R & Tuff and was a lot cheaper than the dry cell batteries.
HGC2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no run
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts