lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #11
mpro26
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Cart diesels takes a minute to shut off

I had the same problem, and it turned out to be a lot of carbon build up on my cylinder head valves.
mpro26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-15-2012, 11:24 AM   #12
bigbird110
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I have tried everything so far nothing has helped. I tried adjusting the carb it still does it. Here is what all I done to the cart since I bought it. I unplugged the rev limiter ground wire, adjusted the throttle cable, and took loose the gov. People said on this site the cart would run faster, but needed to watch rpm's. The cart will fly and runs good. It will shut off and not diesel until it is run for a while. Then the cart will start backfiring and will diesel when you stop. Do y'all think the cart is getting hot. Also made sure the butterfly on carb was closing. Next step I was going to try is buying a new carb or cleaning the old one. Thanks again for everyone's suggestions.
bigbird110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:10 PM   #13
mpro26
Getting Wild
Club Car

I had the same problem. I bought a new carb, ignition coil, and fuel pump before I removed the cylinder head and found that the valves had a lot of carbon on them. The carbon gets extremely hot and therefore will ignite the fuel. I cleaned the carbon off of the valves and the cart ran great. Since then, I bought a reconditioned cylinder head and installed new piston rings. The cart is running great and has plenty of power.
mpro26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:03 PM   #14
bigbird110
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Fixed the dieseling problem cleaned carb and made sure again butterfly was closed. Now the only problem is the backfiring. I have changed the fuel mixture screw and it gets no better so maybe this is the carbon problem?
Old 03-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #15
bigbird110
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I got the problem completely fixed last night thanks for everyone's help. When I loosened the governor arm up it was still catching on the governor causing the gov to work sometimes. I loosened it more and sprayed some wd40 on the shaft and it works awesome. No backfiring and no dieseling. Again thanks for all your comments.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #16
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That's great, especially cause you didn't have to buy anything expensive to do it!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car