lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2012, 03:28 PM   #1
Foam Man
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question Not Stopping

Ok. My 95 CC will not stop, or at least not until I run into something. So far it has just been my son. He doesn't complain much, but eventually he is going to catch on and quit running in front of me, so I probably better find a solution.

I have replaced the pads. Lubricated the cables and have free movement in the breaking lever on the back of the hub. Is there any chance that I need to replace my drum?
Foam Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Default Re: Not Stopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foam Man View Post
Ok. My 95 CC will not stop, or at least not until I run into something. So far it has just been my son. He doesn't complain much, but eventually he is going to catch on and quit running in front of me, so I probably better find a solution.

I have replaced the pads. Lubricated the cables and have free movement in the breaking lever on the back of the hub. Is there any chance that I need to replace my drum?

Shoes not pads Foam. I'll bet your self adjusters are buggered. Small toothed wheel that is actuated by wear and break usage.. Wind em out to just making contact (drums just rubbing) and you should be ok.

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:45 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Jack it up, pull a wheel, and turn the adjuster ( square thing at the top of the backing plate) clockwise with a crescent wrench.

Turn it until you are no longer able to turn the drum. Then pump the drake peddle 3-4 times and check the drum. IF you can turn the drum, tighten the shoes up some more and repeat pump & check. Finally, back off the adjustment until the drum turns. YOU WANT THE SHOE TO DRAG a little. It will wear in in a day or 2.

Repeat for the other side.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:02 PM   #4
Foam Man
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

That is the problem. I can turn the adjuster until the two pins fall behind it, and the drum is still free. That is why I was wondering if it would be possible if the drum is worn too far.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:42 AM   #5
Foam Man
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foam Man View Post
That is the problem. I can turn the adjuster until the two pins fall behind it, and the drum is still free. That is why I was wondering if it would be possible if the drum is worn too far.
Ok, I just looked at a brake diagram. I believe that Fastercarter has the correct answer. I think it is the self adjusters too. The top of the shoes are moving out, but the bottoms are too far inward to touch the drum.
Thanks, I'll give it a shot this afternoon.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:44 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Usually when the drum is heavily worn there is a lip on the outside edge.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #7
Foam Man
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok,

Still having issues with the brakes. I have attached pictures of the E-Brake mechanism or self adjusters. Can anyone tell me how this functions? I don't see anyway that it puts pressure on the shoes.

The brake diagram that I have, is different from my 95 DS. Is it possible to buy the whole mechanism?

Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Back view.jpg (190.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Front view.jpg (81.3 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car