lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
nunjabusiness
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Question about 99 DS rear bed

I am really looking forward to gleaning lots of good stuff from here. I am buying a 99 Gas DS that has the steel box on the back. Pretty rusty but usable ... for a while.

It is being repaired now, (starter) and I am scoping out mods and accessories in advance of getting it. Planning on seat covers and bigger tires/wheel with no lifting (yet!) as it will be for my dear wife to zip around our 5 acres with.
My concern is with the bed on the back. Is it best to just buy a replacement ($$$) or get this one welded or build a wooden replacement or what? Maybe a bed from a carryall?

Anyone have any experience in this area?
nunjabusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Default Re: Question about 99 DS rear bed

I think I would first try to repair what ya got... There are many products that will stop or convert rust, and you can always rhino line to make it look good. Replacement beds new are expensive (700-800 to start) and good used one's are hard to find and expensive to ship. Welcome to BGW and Good Luck with your cart! Remember, we like pics here and you tend to get more responses if you can show what the issues are in a picture
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:32 AM   #3
nunjabusiness
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks!

Actually, I found one new for $250 shipped on eBay (can't post links for 30 days? )
but I think I would rather spend that money on some bigger wheels and tires (want to go as big as I can without lifting) off the bat.

I think you are right though, a jug of ospho and some creative thinking may be the answer first.
nunjabusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #4
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That's a good price but how bad is the old one? a little metal fab and some welding can save a lot.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car