lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #11
slowride
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1987 DS mods and ?'s

Here's the final product. A few things to note about using a 101 kit on an early gas model. It needs 2 shock extensions (on each rear shock) because apparently the early gas shock mount is different (you don't use the shock mount on the new bracket). Also, the holes in the bottom plate that the U bolts went through will need to be drilled out because the replacement bolts are a slightly larger diameter. Oh, and the front spring bolts? Frozen solid, but I got lucky and was able to disconnect the brake cables and swing the springs around and on top of the rear end
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lift.jpg (65.8 KB, 0 views)
slowride is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2012, 12:04 AM   #12
Dale M
Getting Wild

Looks good!!
Dale M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #13
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowride View Post
Here's the final product. A few things to note about using a 101 kit on an early gas model. It needs 2 shock extensions (on each rear shock) because apparently the early gas shock mount is different (you don't use the shock mount on the new bracket). Also, the holes in the bottom plate that the U bolts went through will need to be drilled out because the replacement bolts are a slightly larger diameter. Oh, and the front spring bolts? Frozen solid, but I got lucky and was able to disconnect the brake cables and swing the springs around and on top of the rear end

Nice work, cart looks good!

Question for you. I have a 95 Club Car and am looking at doing a 6 inch lift with 23 inch tires as well but am a bit worried about the carts power/torque after adding the bigger tires. Have you done any riding around? If so, how does the cart run after adding the bigger tires? Have you noticed any loss in low end and if so how bad has it been?

Thanks!
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #14
slowride
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelessjoe View Post
Nice work, cart looks good!

Question for you. I have a 95 Club Car and am looking at doing a 6 inch lift with 23 inch tires as well but am a bit worried about the carts power/torque after adding the bigger tires. Have you done any riding around? If so, how does the cart run after adding the bigger tires? Have you noticed any loss in low end and if so how bad has it been?

Thanks!
I was actually quite surprised. I had it out after the work thinking I'd have to install a power spring on the driven clutch, but I lost very little torque from a stop and picked up a little top speed. I'll be doing a key mod and just leaving it alone.
slowride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:27 AM   #15
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

^^^

Cool, thanks for the quick response. Thats good to hear that you feel as though you lost very little low end. I think I am going to do the lift and then see where I'm at and go from there, just as you did. If adjustments are needed after that than we'll go from there.

I lengthened the accelerator rod last night to get a little more speed and was scooting along at a pretty good pace all things considered. If I can do the lift and pick up a touch from the bigger tires we'll be all set for cruising.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:41 AM   #16
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

When you do the spring think about a 1" shorter belt also You will be shocked at the power.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #17
CLUB 90
Not Yet Wild

Where did you get a shorter belt at the correct width? Did it seem to turn more RPM when climbing hills? Mine will climb but RPM's very low
CLUB 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:51 AM   #18
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I went with a Napa (Gates) belt that was ever so slightly wider I think on my 96 it was #6013 When I climb hills it almost acts as if it down shifts into a lower gear.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #19
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

^^^^

Looking up the specs on the Gates #6013 shows a size of 29/32" x 36 3/4"

The stock replacement belt from Cart Parts Plus shows a size of 1" x 37 3/8"

That would make the Gates a smidge narrower and a bit less than 3/4" shorter. I like the idea of the spring and the shorter belt to get back some of the torque I'll lose when I lift the cart. Are you sure that #6013 is what you went with?
Old 05-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #20
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelessjoe View Post
^^^^

Looking up the specs on the Gates #6013 shows a size of 29/32" x 36 3/4"

The stock replacement belt from Cart Parts Plus shows a size of 1" x 37 3/8"

That would make the Gates a smidge narrower and a bit less than 3/4" shorter. I like the idea of the spring and the shorter belt to get back some of the torque I'll lose when I lift the cart. Are you sure that #6013 is what you went with?
Hell only Fools are Sure! But 99% sure and if I remember it was only like $28.00 here in KC.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car