lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #11
Mayfair
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Curtis or Alltrax 500?

I've got an Alltrax and I've been pretty happy with it. Their customer service is AWESOME!
Mayfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #12
ArmyVetSgtAdkins
Philippians 4:13

Club Car

I'm not sure to be honest either but Ricky said that Robby would be able to explain things more and be able to recommend the controller to use with the executioner
ArmyVetSgtAdkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #13
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Hey Sgt Adkins, I talked to Robbie when I was researching motors and controllers and I was alomost gunna send him my Advance motor for a rebuilt core, but I went a different route as I have had good experience with GE motors.

What is he building for you? Speed or torque? Did he give you any performance specs like HP or rpm's?
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #14
ArmyVetSgtAdkins

Club Car

I'm getting the executioner motor built
Old 11-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #15
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Let us know how it does when you get it. Looks to me like PQ is pushing the GE controller on their site.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:42 PM   #16
ArmyVetSgtAdkins

Club Car

I know Ricky said they have GE controllers preprogrammed but he said I could use Alltrax or Curtis as well but he wanted me to talk to Robby before I ordered either..From my experience talking to Ricky PQ is Top Notch
Old 11-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #17
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedchaser View Post
You are gunna lose regen braking regardless so that does not even matter. I do not know why he said turn off turbo, but honestly, I did not feel any difference in performance with turbo on or off, I tried it both ways.
For the most part, I am in agreement with SC. Here are some additional observations I can add though.

I've GPS'ed the turbo feature. It gives me 2-3 mph. It only activates if the controller senses you are at 100% throttle for more than 2 seconds, if I recall correctly. If you do not have the custom curve giving you 100% throttle (need to confirm with the Monitor feature in the software) on a Precedent, you will not get turbo. I figured this out when I tried a different throttle curve to smooth out my jerkiness and my speed dropped to 19mph. When I monitored it, I was getting about 98% throttle. With the custom curve back in and turbo on, I get 100% and 22-23mph on gps.

With the D&D motor you can use regen braking. Many folks on here were saying you can't, but I found out you can from some folks here and a call to D&D. Then again, alot of folks don't like the regen braking. I find it helps regulate your speed going down the hills at the camp.
lgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #18
ArmyVetSgtAdkins

Club Car

I was actually trying to get away from the regent braking but I font have any big hills to go down either..I'm still confused on which controller to go with so guess until I speak with Robby I'm leaning towards the Alltrax 500 or should I go with the DCX600IQ
Old 11-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #19
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyVetSgtAdkins View Post
I was actually trying to get away from the regent braking but I font have any big hills to go down either..I'm still confused on which controller to go with so guess until I speak with Robby I'm leaning towards the Alltrax 500 or should I go with the DCX600IQ
Hmm... DCX600... More torque!
lgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #20
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Alltrax, plain and simple.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car