lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2013, 07:38 PM   #11
sonnyhooper
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo me29 rear locker

On pulling trucks we would weld the gears between the teeth where the gears were not meshed. So you would have to take carrier apart, then put the gears together on the bench the way they would be in the carrier. The spaces that are not meshed up can be welded. When they spin in the carrier they would bind up due to the welds, they are not actually welded together. I am not sure this makes any sense, I don't have any pics maybe someone else has a better description.
sonnyhooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2013, 08:05 PM   #12
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i agree hooper..look at these pics and see some do it different..
seems like iirc once the spiders are welded the entire carrier and pin is useless for anything but being a full spool now,,what we want.
so in the pics in this link,seems to me welding the spiders,and around the case too would be double as strong? i think im thinking correct.
just the gears is fine but they cant move anymore after welded,but if you didnt weld the case too you could change the spiders if needed..but you cant buy them excpet from a parts rear end so may as well weld it all..what you think?

https://www.google.com/search?q=pics...hrome&ie=UTF-8
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #13
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

we always did it in the truck,,if i take the 4 gears out and do it how will they ever line up with the axles?
Old 03-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #14
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassycat View Post
i agree hooper..look at these pics and see some do it different..
seems like iirc once the spiders are welded the entire carrier and pin is useless for anything but being a full spool now,,what we want.
so in the pics in this link,seems to me welding the spiders,and around the case too would be double as strong? i think im thinking correct.
just the gears is fine but they cant move anymore after welded,but if you didnt weld the case too you could change the spiders if needed..but you cant buy them excpet from a parts rear end so may as well weld it all..what you think?

https://www.google.com/search?q=pics...hrome&ie=UTF-8
The entire diff case is still available but it's over $600. Some of the gears are available too.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:20 PM   #15
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ezgo told me you have to buy the carrier assy,and they dont sell seprate parts for it..maybe i talked to the wrong person lol.
i wantd the bigger carrier for a locker in my older rear diff..id hav to spend 300 iirc to get it,so lincoln locker hopefully will work good,,if theres room after removing the ring gear..i cant see how to weld them out of the diff,then the gears and axles wouldnt line up..am i thinking correct?
Old 03-29-2013, 08:45 PM   #16
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

im not gonna do the lincoln locker now.theres no room in there at all really so not worth it to me chance it..i also read where some have broke a few axles around the splines at the wheel...i will just keep my eyes open for a long while till i can get what i want..or maybe try the new axles with pto shaft and a cable activated locker..not bad for 400 bucks shipped and all new.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO