lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2012, 10:37 PM   #11
Thayes8160
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 99 txt help

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobuckbuild View Post
that looks very useable to me clean up that crank with some crocus cloth or emory cloth and get a replacement rod and gasket set and put it all back together just lube it up and check for binding in the rotating assembly if it binds you have not cleaned the crank enough or may need to file the rod sides a little but really i would just clean up that crank and put it back together there it looks very workable if you have a micrometer you can measure it but really its more of a feel thing when you put the crank and pistons in the block you'll be able to feel it, when you have a ratchet turning over the crank it should be smooth with the cylinders and parts assembled with oil. if you do find a hard spot take one rod cap off and see if the engine turns easier and clean and file as needed and repeat until you have a smooth turning rotating assembly , the way that rod looks broken i would no be suprised if takes more than a try or two to get it where you like it with the rods and crank properly torqued
sounds good thats what i will do... also i was looking at he manual on putting this thing back together and it says to fill the crank with oil why is that? i am ordering the rebuild kit after christmas but i will get some of the emory cloth and get started on the crank
Thayes8160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #12
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

WHAT THAT DOES IS TO PRIME THE CRANK with oil so that when you go to start it it does not dry start destroying the bearings , and when you do your rotating assembly remember keep it oiled yeah you may waste some but want to have everything primed with oil as the saying goes (grease is cheaper than steel )
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #13
Thayes8160
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobuckbuild View Post
WHAT THAT DOES IS TO PRIME THE CRANK with oil so that when you go to start it it does not dry start destroying the bearings , and when you do your rotating assembly remember keep it oiled yeah you may waste some but want to have everything primed with oil as the saying goes (grease is cheaper than steel )
Ya I don't mind using oil just wanted to know what it did... These rods don't use rod bearings do they? It's all o based for the lubrication?
Old 12-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #14
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

no bearings the way the aluminum rods are made the rod is the bearing
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:16 AM   #15
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Check the o-ring on the oil pump cover, if it has started leaking, a loss of oil pressure would cause the failure. Oil everything as the manual says but disable the ignition system,run the starter and verify good oil pressure before starting. This process also purges all air bubbles from the oil system. Also be sure to put oil in the port under the valve cover the feeds the cam, this primes the oil pump. Good luck.
rvkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #16
sonnyhooper
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

What are the crank journal specs supposed to be?
sonnyhooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:10 AM   #17
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

1.3767 - 1.3774 is standard, 1.3757 is the limit or min. diameter. Measure each rod journal in two places 90 Deg. apart.
rvkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #18
Thayes8160
Not Yet Wild

Well a little update, the crank is coming out nice just a little more to go and it will be ready to install and my parts will be here after the first
Old 02-27-2013, 03:29 PM   #19
Thayes8160
Not Yet Wild

got the motor rebuilt and everything seems to turn smoothly. had to order a new timing belt so thats all im waiting on right now. motor is back in the cart. anything i need to do before i put oil in it and fire it up once i have my belt?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO