lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #1
ice329
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default G14 steering

Hello, picked up a G14 according to serial JN3 its a Yamahauler. It got a big lift kit, 6 inches and big tires but the steering is real bad. Anyone got the skinny on fixing them cheaply. Pulled the nose off so its exposed. Is this typical problem with big lift and tires?

It runs rough, hard to start, no air filter and the fuel lines were all cracked. I replaced them next will be to clean the carb but there is no air box except a homemade pipe thing mounted, prob gonna get some kind of universal sponge type thing. and other help on fuel system appriciated.

I got a G1 so some of it is familar. Thank Joey
ice329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-20-2013, 01:33 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G14 steering

For the steering...check for king pin/bushing play, wheel bearing noises. Take the steering box cover plate off and pack the box full of grease, then with the front end jacked up, loosen the 10mm jam nut and turn the pitman set screw in 1/4 turn, use your finger to turn the steering wheel from lock to lock. There should be no "binding/or catches" as you turn the wheel. Keep turning in the screw till you do fell binding and back it off 1/4 turn till the binding is gone. Unfortunatly, Yamaha's don't like to run without the correct airbox and sealed correctly. If you decide to use a K & N style air filter, you will need to open up the main jet, I beleive many recommend a .046 drill bit to enlarge the main jet oriface. Hope that helped alittle.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #3
ice329
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G14 steering

looked at it a little closer today. opened the cover, found half full of rusty water but before i opened noticed the main shaft that goes to the steering links moving in and out. I believe the set screw turned in corrected that but i did not pull anything else apart to chech anything more. the passenger wheel bearing seems to be bad, but the strearing nuckles and all seem ok. i didnt drive it but i am hoping it will be better. those bearings might be bad but like i said i didnt want to pull it all apart today if i didnt need to.
ice329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha