lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #1
cynergygoon
Not Yet Wild

Default g9 side pillar hardware

i tore apart a g9 3 years ago and have just been able to get back to work on it. What hardware is used to hold the plastic part of the pillar onto the metal part? Xmas tree? Push rivets? Clips and bolts? Or otherwise? In 3 years alot of things get misplaced in the shop and my mind! Thanks for your help.
cynergygoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: g9 side pillar hardware

They are push rivets, plastic. They have a pin in the center that you push in and it expands the rear so it locks in. There are similar ones at autozone/etc car places for certain car trim. They usually have a little head on the pin to pull it out, but the cart ones you pop it through to release and go search for it later. Not sure the hole size is exactly the same though. Or buy them from a cart place. Since you can't get behind the panel to tighten anything I don't think you can use bolts/nuts.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #3
cynergygoon
Not Yet Wild

thank you. Im just about finished with this thing and the pillar hardware is one of my hang ups.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:41 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Here is what most look like:

You can get plastic rivets that pull and snap like metal ones, and are not re-usable. Some have a full head on them instead of that little head on the pin. Still others just have teeth and push in with no center pin at all, but they don't hold as good. Like I said the cart ones have no head the pin sits flush, but they are not used in automotive so not found at a local auto store. Just make sure what you get fits the holes.

The actual cart ones are like this:
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:27 AM   #5
cynergygoon
Not Yet Wild

thanks for the pics. I have a whole bag of the cart ones just didnt know that what they were for.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #6
supra4life28
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
They are push rivets, plastic. They have a pin in the center that you push in and it expands the rear so it locks in. There are similar ones at autozone/etc car places for certain car trim. They usually have a little head on the pin to pull it out, but the cart ones you pop it through to release and go search for it later. Not sure the hole size is exactly the same though. Or buy them from a cart place. Since you can't get behind the panel to tighten anything I don't think you can use bolts/nuts.
The owner prior to me utilized self tapping bolts and they work great...
supra4life28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha