lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
Karp3487
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 07 ez go st350 only runs if you mess with choke

i recently purchased an 07 ez go st 350 non running. the seller said it was running when they parked it 8 months ago. first things first i drained all old gas even as far as replacing fuel lines,fuel filter, cleaned carb 4 times, new plugs and battery. that got it going but only runs when i play with the choke moving it in or out. if i try to run it with the choke fully open (off) it just begins to bog down. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!
Karp3487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #2
Beaner913
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 07 ez go st350 only runs if you mess with choke

If you have to pull the choke to run it then there is a fuel problem. I know you said you cleaned the carb 4 times but did you take the jet out and look behind it and make sure you could see light all the way through the pick up tube in the carb? Also check the pick up tube in the tank. The can gum up also.
Beaner913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #3
Karp3487
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks!! I'll check the the pick up tube and as far as the jets go I can see where someone has tried to remove them before and when i attempted they wouldn't budge and i didnt want to damage them. The first time i removed the fuel bowl i could see the varnish (dried up fuel)
Old 02-28-2013, 04:27 AM   #4
Beaner913
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Most likely if you weren't able to get that jet out there is a restriction behind there! Good luck. You could also get a multi strand 12 gauge wire to try and push through the jet and loosen up the crud behind there.
Beaner913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:38 AM   #5
clubcarjeff
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you have a cutting torch tip cleaner( multiple sizes of reamers about the size of a needle) you can ream the main jet. Also verify that the fuel pump is working. Remove fuel line at carb and turn the engine over. There should be a steady supply of fuel. If it's only a dribble, make sure the vacuum line to the fuel pump isn't full of oil by removing the line at the fuel pump. Point it toward the ground for a moment. If oil drips from it, then you have too much oil in the engine or too much blow by forcing oil into the line. Just a thought....
clubcarjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #6
NFlCamper
Not Yet Wild

Vaccume leak can cause similar issues. Check for cracked or loose vaccume hoses.
NFlCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #7
Karp3487
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks for the replies!! fuel pick up clean and i was able to get the main jet out tonight with a hand impact the jet is damaged from the previous owner so i cant fully read the number but its either an #86 or #88 and i believe it is suppose to be a #90. Ez go doesnt even offer a carburetor for my specific cart 350cc so i called a local shop and they explained to me that the 295cc carb is the same but you have to change the jets. i know the previous owner replaced the carb so i believe he did it without upgrading the jet
Old 02-28-2013, 09:43 PM   #8
stretchman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

should run though with any clean jet. there is a drain at the bottom of carb loosen it and see if a whole bowl full of fuel drains out. check for good spark at both plugs and then check compression should be at 150 psi with throttle held wide open. If low or if you dont have a comp. tester check the two valves in the middle, they are your intake valves, they may be working there way up into the head (valve seats) common problem, easy to adjust.
stretchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:57 AM   #9
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Likely a fuel problem. Not enough gas being received by the carb from the pump (check efficiency of pump;possible clog/leak in the hose). Or possible faulty gaskets in the carb leading to or resulting in a lean fuel situation.
worqhors is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO