lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2013, 12:38 AM   #1
deerslayer1985
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Couple questions about a body wrap(camoclad) and bed liner painting.

I am getting ready to start on the body of my cart. I had a few questions for some of you who might have some experience with what I am wondering about. First off I am going to camoclad my golf cart........the thing is I'm trying to decide how much. I was going to completely disassemble the cart, and get the premium camoclad that you can stick and remove until its correct. Then put the heat to it for the permanent bond. Now what I am wondering is.....On the lower hood, or dash part of my Yamaha G2 is it even possible to get the camoclad to go down in those indention's, or trays in the dash? I was debating on using spray on bed liner, and painting the whole lower section, and just camoclad the top, and rest of the body. Maybe even break it up painting the side pillars that go up behind the seat with the bed liner too. Quick question on the front hood. It has the trim that goes around the edge of it. It is riveted on. Would I be best to just butt the camoclad up against that, or drill out the rivets and wrap the camoclad clear around. Then just get bolts, and bolt the trim back on? Two more quick questions!! lol What all prep should I go through to use the spray on bed liner? I was going to clean it up real good, and maybe just scuff it. Wasn't sure what all you guys would recommend on the bed liner spray. Now onto the roof. I am also planning on spraying this with bed liner. It seems to be kinda brittle. It has a few small cracks in it. Will the bed liner add a bit of strength to it if I coat it real good on the inside, and outside? Anybody who has used camoclad. If you could post some pics of your cart that would be great. A G2 with the lower dash covered would be really nice! Thanks for any and all help!
deerslayer1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
deerslayer1985
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Couple questions about a body wrap(camoclad) and bed liner painting.

Nobody has ever painted bed liner on their carts? Or used camaoclad? I've searched a bit for both, but nothing really answers what I am asking. I hoping to do it this weekend. So any advice would be great. Thanks
Old 03-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #3
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Couple questions about a body wrap(camoclad) and bed liner painting.

do a web search on "Hydrographics" - I had a friend do a lot of the pieces/parts of his cart that couldn't be conventionally "wrapped", and when he got the parts back he was so impressed he ended up pulling the body andhaving the whole thing dipped. Amazing, Durable stuff !!!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #4
deerslayer1985
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Yea I had that idea, but there are no places close to me that does that. That I can find anyways. I kinda wanted to stay on the cheap side also! lol If you know of a place that does that for a good price send me the link, and I'll check it out. I'm thinking just camoclad everything except the inside of the dash. I'm thinking just tape it off really good, and spray bed liner inside the dash overlapping the camoclad slightly blending it together really good.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha