lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2013, 09:33 PM   #1
mrgreenheads
Not Yet Wild

Default New to me 1980's Marathon

Finally got the trade made withthe fella and brought the Marathon home with me Last week

I cleaned the carbs and changed the plugs and gas in the tank (50:1) ratio

Turned the key on and nothing when you hit the pedal. SO I was messing around trying to fugure out what was the problem and I see a toggle switch under the key and I flip it as I dont know what it does and I heat the FNR Switch click so I try pedal again and nothing. I then hit the FNR toward Forward a bit and the engin fired right up with out the use of the pedal (STRANGE) as I thought it was supposed to start whenthe pedal was depressed

It runs ragged and still needs some adjustments but it runs. It has a muffler that is off something I have never seen and definatly is not the stock set-up as you can see the header has been welded in several places

Since this is my first Gasser I was just wondering if the mix ration is correct and if that thing is supposed to run before hitting hte pedal and where can I find a muffler

Also I may need a few more parts but I am sure someone on here will send me int he right direction
mrgreenheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2013, 11:42 PM   #2
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: New to me 1980's Marathon

Someone has bypassed the pedal mirco switch probably wanting it to idle without depressing the pedal which is dangerous. Look down at the pedal linkage in the engine compartment and you'll see the mirco switch or at least where it should be mounted. It may also be bypassed because it was bad and they didn't want to replace it because of expense and it can be a bit of a chore to get installed. Gas mix is 1 oz per gallon or 128:1 but some are running a bit richer at 100:1 Post some pics and model numbers.

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:22 PM   #3
mrgreenheads
Not Yet Wild

Lou,

Thanks for the help. I checked the places that you suggested and see know micro switch at all if you could take a pic and show me where it should be then maybe I can get one and put it back.

Also thanks for the ratio on fuel as I was gonna run 50:1 but will run as you suggest.
mrgreenheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:05 AM   #4
racin161
Gone Wild

I'll see if the wife will let me use her camera but in the mean time stand by and someone may also post a pic. If you flip the switch with the key off does it turn over ? If not good all you would need to do is attach them to the mirco switch and adjust it to operate from the pedal and your good to go. Look straight down under the driver seat bottom and you should see what looks like a plunger that is adjustable. Right in front of that is where the mirco switch would be mounted. Along with the mirco you'll also need 2 standoffs about 5/8 inch long to alien the switch with the plunger.

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO