lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #21
cwinkslinger
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1988 ezgo no low end... help please

sounds like fuel starvation to me. Any time you remove the line from the pump to the carb you should have lots of volume. Check the hose from the engine to the pump and see if it's pulsing first. Next go to the line into the tank( assuming you've changed the filter) and check for cloggage..blow back into the tank to see if it's clear. good luck!
cwinkslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2013, 10:02 PM   #22
loudgoldwing
Not Yet Wild

Separate your fuel line from the pump. Put some gas-oil in a turkey baster, and press it to the fuel line to fill up the carb bowl with fuel. About 2" sucked up into the baster will do it.

Then, loosen that little lock nut on your low-end mixture screw (the one you circled in yellow) all the way out to the top of the screw itself. Turn that screw all the way into the carb until it gets gently tight.

Once your mixture screw is in all the way, back it out one full turn, then another half turn. Spin the lock nut back down until it snugs the screw in position, making sure that the screw itself doesn't turn.

With a full carburetor and a properly adjusted low end mixture, you should be able to run for about 15-20 seconds at full throttle.

If you still aren't running right after recalibrating as instructed, your issue lies elsewhere.
loudgoldwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #23
98goldwing
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I was having a similar problem with my 86... Would not run without choke then intermittent on low high or anything in between... The prior owner had gone the carb, fuelpump, and coil route before I got it. I did the usual tests for air leaks,nada....Turned out in my case that the four nuts (two on top two from underneath) that mate the cyl to the crankcase had backed off about a half turn each... As soon as I pulled them up tight the cart was off to the races... No choke for cold starts, pulls a couple revs on the starter and comes to life... Hope it helps..

Andy
98goldwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO