lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #1
Bcess
Not Yet Wild

Default Not getting fuel to carb

I have an older 2 cycle ezgo. It was sitting for a few years. I cleaned the carb and it ran for about 20 min then quit.
I took off carb and pump, cleaned them again. Changed hoses and filter.put in fresh gas.
Pump is not sending gas to carb now.

I plan on replacing fuel pump, any other ideas?
Bcess is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #2
Kudaman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Not getting fuel to carb

Check for debris in the tank. Make sure the pick up tube is clean. You seem to be on the right track.
Kudaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #3
Bcess
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudaman View Post
Check for debris in the tank. Make sure the pick up tube is clean. You seem to be on the right track.
Where and what is the pick up tube
Old 09-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #4
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcess View Post
Where and what is the pick up tube
tube going down in tank.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #5
Bcess
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
tube going down in tank.
Ok, yes I removed it and blew it out, it was clean
Old 09-07-2013, 11:00 PM   #6
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Did you clean the tank when cleaning the pick up line. I'm not sure if just blowing out debris is enough. I put a small amount of fresh gas along with about 1/2 of a bottle Seafoam. With the tank sitting that long there may be some deposits that have gummed up on the bottom of the tank.
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:43 AM   #7
Bcess
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull Joe View Post
Did you clean the tank when cleaning the pick up not sure if just blowing out debris is enough. I put a small amount of fresh gas along with about 1/2 of a bottle Seafoam. With the tank sitting that long there may be some deposits that have gummed up on the bottom of the w.
I blew through the gas tank opening and got a good stream out of the fuel filter. After connecting to the pump and removing line to the carb, when I blow I get a slow trickle our of the line that goes to the carb
Old 09-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #8
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I'm still learning myself so I can't be much help, but hopefully the gurus will assist you in getting it figured out.
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #9
dewzer
Getting Wild

Blowing through the pump is not a good idea, expecially with high pressure. The diaphram will be damaged.
There is an impulse line that attatches to the crankcase of the engine and then to the pump. First off, make sure it is hooked to the proper port on the pump. Normally the port in the center of the pump would be for impulse.
Make sure the hose is not cracked or real soft. A crack leeks vacume and a soft hose will pinch itself off and give no "suction impulse" to the pump.
There is also a small brass filter on the body of most pumps and if that is plugged with dust/dirt/grease the diaphram will not operate properly.
If you have a pump you can disassemble you can clean that breather screen, if it is a sealed pump the chances of cleaning it are > 60/10 <, That means not good.
You know you have fuel comming out the feed line to the carb as you manually forced it to do so, leave the line to the carb disconnected and aim it into a container to catch the fuel. Try and start the engine and see if your pumping fuel.
If you have a clean tank, varified the suction tube is not restricted, new fuel lines and filter and the impulse line is functioning properly then the pump is next in line.
dewzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #10
redcloud
Gone Wild

May want to check reed valves if it has sat a long time. They may be sticking shut. Just a thought as it seems not to be getting pulsing from the block to pump but then blowing air into pump may have damaged the pump anyway.
redcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO