lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2015, 10:54 PM   #21
USCDude
Getting Wild

Default Re: EZGO Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPete View Post
Get a removable steering wheel.
Fabulous
USCDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2015, 01:09 PM   #22
eminence_front
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Security

If it was me, and I was taking it places I was worried about theft, I'd just disconnect the main ignition switch on the dash and ALWAYS leave a key in it. (so it appears functional.)

But go Buy, and mount a second stock ignition switch into a little plate under the seat, or in the bag-well area, or something like that.

EXGO Std Ignition Switch EXGO Std Ignition Switch

you can just remove the wires from the factory switch, connect them to your "hidden switch" and only you, presumably knows where it is.

this is the "trick" way to do it.

The simplest way is by a $3 series SPST switch, cut any of the wires going into the ignition switch and wire one leg to the (+) and one leg to the (-) and hide that switch somewhere.

When the switch is "off" it breaks the circuit on that wire, and the ignition will be dead just as if the wire was unplugged. When the switch is "on" the circuit is "closed" and the ignition will function as normal.

The benefit to the tiny switch method, is that you won't have to modify the ignition, and you have more flexibility of placement.
eminence_front is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO