lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2015, 11:06 AM   #1
zacheryt757
Not Yet Wild

Angry EZ GO RXV Not moving

We have a 2010 48v EZ GO RXV. When turning the key to either forward or reverse the cart jolts backwards a couple of inches and 2 loud continious beeps and won't move anymore. Before the issue started occuring we could smell like electronics getting hot. Anyone had this issue before? If so how do we fix it?
zacheryt757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2015, 12:12 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: EZ GO RXV Not moving

Sounds like the brake has failed. Put the run/tow switch in tow, turn the key to N and see if it will move. If no dead brake. If yes you have another issue
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:16 PM   #3
ARS1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I had an issue like that. It was a loose connection on one of the batteries. They all have to be clean and tight. Also there's a symptom where the cart will jerk if the brake is bad as well but I haven't experienced that first hand but I'm sure someone will chime in on that.

edit: And someone did as I was typing
ARS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:19 PM   #4
zacheryt757
Not Yet Wild

We are able to move the cart in tow mode and on neutral. We replaced the rotary sensor on the gas pedal, because as we were troubleshooting we unplugged all the wires going to the brake pedal and gas pedal, we then plugged in one wire turn the key on to reverse and got the regular reverse alarm and could hear solenoid opening and closing, we then plugged in the brake rotary sensor and same results, plugged in the the gas pedal switch, same results, then plugged in the gas pedal rotary sensor and it lurched backwards and started beeping 2 beeps continously. So we ordered that sensor and replaced, still experiancing the problem. We then followed same procedure and found that now when you plug in the brake pedal rotary sensor the cart lurches backwards and starts beeping 2 beeps. So what are the odds that both rotary senors have gone bad? We do pressure wash the cart as it gets pretty muddy around here and we want to keep it in good shape.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:01 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I think brake bad, when you were unplugging the sensors, that caused it to fail the startup test before the brake portion of the test had occured (so no jump). Those sensors are very rare to fail, both at tha same time is out of the quesrion in my opinion (would be possible if the controller overvolted both of them). I still say brake for sure. With a shattered disk, or no brake at all, it jerks violently about 3 inches.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 03:04 PM   #6
zacheryt757
Not Yet Wild

We are not able to move the cart when not in tow mode, but we are able to move the cart when in tow mode.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:21 PM   #7
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

If CG says its the brake, my money is always on him
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 06:29 PM   #8
cgtech

Yamaha

The jump can only occur if the "brake twist test" failed, that means the motor tried to twist the locked brake, and it DID twist, this is a fail of the brake test. This test result does not say the brake does not apply any resistance to moving, but it does not supply enough resistance to hold the motor still, thats still a "fail".
Old 06-22-2015, 09:49 PM   #9
zacheryt757
Not Yet Wild

Well just ordered the brake for the 2008 - UP EZ GO RXV OEM part. Found a video online on how to replace. If it works I will be so happy and thankful for the great people of this forum! I will keep you posted, brake should be here by June 29th.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:12 AM   #10
cgtech

Yamaha

Be very careful to not overtighten the bolts (and destroy the brake in 500 feet). Just enough to fully compress the lockwashers. Read up other rxv brake threads for exact replacement procedure.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO