lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2015, 03:48 PM   #1
Arfowler1
Not Yet Wild

Default Ez go series ITS sensor

Still working on the series cart when I have time, think I might have it. Under the accelerator when its pressed the black wire to the ITS GETS 14.4 volts if i remember correctly but my white wire continues to read zero; this would be indicative of a bad ITS sensor correct? Thanks in advance!
Arfowler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2015, 09:06 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ez go series ITS sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arfowler1 View Post
Still working on the series cart when I have time, think I might have it. Under the accelerator when its pressed the black wire to the ITS GETS 14.4 volts if i remember correctly but my white wire continues to read zero; this would be indicative of a bad ITS sensor correct? Thanks in advance!
It could mean a bad sensor, but it could also mean other things.

The voltage on the black wire at the controller should be between 9.0V and 11.5V, so 14.4V is out of specs, unless the black wire from the controller to the ITS sensor is disconnected from the sensor, then the voltage ought to be between 13.0V and 15.5V.

If you are getting 14.4V on the black wire at the controller, check the voltage on the black wire at the ITS sensor.

Note: There is an in-line connector that connects the four wires from the pedal box to the cart's wiring harness. Check that connector.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 01:54 PM   #3
Arfowler1
Not Yet Wild

The green wire to the switch is showing 38.6v and when switch is activated i get 38.3v on the red. The black goes from 0to 14.4v at the #2 pin and down to the accelerator with the white remaining at 0. The controller itself is bad and sending the wrong voltage? Forgive me i am struggling to troubleshoot something i dont fully comprehend!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (197.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-16-2015, 02:33 PM   #4
Arfowler1
Not Yet Wild

If i run through the diagnostics i get to the point of using a jumper wire, depressing pedal and checking white wire on pin connector. At this point i am gettin 0 volts on the white wire which is supposed to indicate failed throttle sensor, but i am also getting too high voltage going to throttle sensor (14.4) so i am unsure if the sensor fails or controller is sending incorrect voltage? Thanks.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:33 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Check both the black and the white wires for continuity from the controller to to the ITS sensor. Each of them should be close to Zero Ohms.

The voltage on the black wire ought to be 9.0V to 11.5V when the ITS sensor is connected to the controller and 13.0V to 15.5V when it is not. You are getting 14.4V, which indicates the controller is good, but the ITS sensor is not connected. That in turn means there is an open in either the black or white wires, or the ITS sensor is open.

If the wires check good, check the continuity between the two terminals on the ITS sensor. The input to the ITS sensor is a diode bridge, so you should get continuity is both directions.

The input terminals are labeled "14" and "16" on attached schematic.

If the black and white wires and ITS sensor have continuity, the controller might be bad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ITS sensor - Schematic.JPG (88.3 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by JohnnieB; 08-17-2015 at 06:33 AM.. Reason: Forgot the attachment
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 12:29 PM   #6
Arfowler1
Not Yet Wild

Wires check out ; I now understand why a bad ITS woukd cause the 14.4 volts. Thank you for assisting me in this problem.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO