lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2015, 01:24 PM   #11
jmcmill
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: ez go wont go has new batteries

johnnieb thanks. after got my new solenoid hook up and performed flow chart in the info you sent me now my controller is reading right when check voltage at my b+ to m- to check output to motor very low voltage when motor is running and gradually goes to zero when motor stops. if all check rights i got a bad controller. is there away to bench test the motor? wont to make sure its ok before i spend more money. also can you buy replacement parts for that controller? or does it have to be sent out.
jmcmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2015, 01:25 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcmill View Post
scottyb i did have the thing in reverse. rechecked my pots and will go to 6000 ohms and not really seeing any dropouts when press down slow but it does spike when your pushing pedal then stop then it comes back down to a resting ohm say like my spike 2000 ohms but when stop it when say be at 1800 ohms is that normal for that to do that on that set up? got my new solenoid on that parts working now no trying to run by it self or having to jump it. still no power motor will barley run then quit. i got 38 volts on all my connections. recheck what johnnieb showed me early i still got 38 volts when measuring m- and b+ with pedal up or down any thoughts will help again.
Having 38V between M- and B+ with pedal up or down indicates there is a constant short inside the controller between B- and M-.

Connect you voltmeter between M- and B-.
With the pedal pushed just far enough to make solenoid click, you should read full battery pack voltage (38.x Volts).

If you don't, disconnect the cables from the controller and do a diode check.
When measured with an Ohmmeter, it should appear that you have diodes between the big terminals with the orientation shown in attached drawing.

I suspect you'll get a low ohm reading in both directions between B- and M-.

Also, if the top of controller is dirty or corroded, clean it off and retest.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Diode test - Series Controller.jpg (44.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:34 PM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcmill View Post
johnnieb thanks. after got my new solenoid hook up and performed flow chart in the info you sent me now my controller is reading right when check voltage at my b+ to m- to check output to motor very low voltage when motor is running and gradually goes to zero when motor stops. if all check rights i got a bad controller. is there away to bench test the motor? wont to make sure its ok before i spend more money. also can you buy replacement parts for that controller? or does it have to be sent out.
I was typing as you posted.

That check (M- to B+) includes a lot of cables, the motor and the F/R switch between the two test points, so it doesn't definitively say the controller is bad.

Measure between B- and M-.

When pedal is pushed just far enough for solenoid to click, you should get FULL pack voltage (38V).
If not, there is excessive resistance in the high current cables, or F/R switch contacts, or motor, or solenoid contacts.

If you do get it, push the pedal slowly to the floor and the voltage should smoothly decrease to zero.

If it doesn't either the throttle or the controller is bad.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 02:37 PM   #14
cartattach
Gone Wild
Club Car

If your cables are heavily oxidized (or green under the insulation) as you said, that could be further complicating your issue. I had one, an old resistor marathon that would run for aout 20 feet and die. The cables were so corroded under the insulation I'm surprised that they didn't just spontaneously combust. (though the resistors did when that bird nest got hot)
cartattach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 02:47 PM   #15
jmcmill
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

after installing the new solenoid that part works now but still motor barley runs. so performed trouble tree in the attachment johnnieb sent me. when checking b+ and m- output to motor very low voltage when motor is running when stops goes to zero. said faulty controller. is there anyway to bench test the motor before i spend more money?
Old 10-26-2015, 02:50 PM   #16
jmcmill
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

yeah thinking of making new cables to address that issue but still think there is more going on. nothing is getting hot when this happens also.
Old 10-26-2015, 02:53 PM   #17
jmcmill
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

sorry ya'll just seen all the new post after i post.
Old 10-26-2015, 03:11 PM   #18
jmcmill
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

check have 38v when pedal barley pushed to make solenoid energize. but when go to full throttle stays at b+ voltage. i check all voltage to controller from throttle sensor. 3.8 v key on and 10.v full throttle at black wire at controller used flow chart you sent me. went a head and check everything down flow chart.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO