lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2015, 09:17 AM   #21
Helirich
Gone Wild

Default Re: Losing the back-seat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridepate View Post
Mine are still 2s Hel. The kit has not been on the cart but for a couple of months. Still have a great arch to them.
So there was not problem with the extra weight? I may leave mine with two and see.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-10-2015, 10:10 PM   #22
ridepate
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
So there was not problem with the extra weight? I may leave mine with two and see.
No harm in trying! Mine 2-leafs still have plenty of arch.
ridepate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 07:56 AM   #23
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

you can re-arch your leaf springs with a heavy hammer and a 4-5 inch gap of something more solid(big vice,block of steel,ect...) you just place the bent area and hit-then move the spring a half inch and whack...you get the idea.... you can create a lift this way or just repair the discrepantency in your spring......i did this to repair the de-arched spring on my txt...
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 03:08 PM   #24
Helirich
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutant View Post
you can re-arch your leaf springs with a heavy hammer and a 4-5 inch gap of something more solid(big vice,block of steel,ect...) you just place the bent area and hit-then move the spring a half inch and whack...you get the idea.... you can create a lift this way or just repair the discrepantency in your spring......i did this to repair the de-arched spring on my txt...
Did you disassemble the springs to do this? Have they lasted a long time?
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 08:58 AM   #25
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

yes-they need to be hand held ... mine are in good shape and have been holding their shape for over a year and i drive my cart very hard in corners-often 3 or 2 wheeling it. i also hammer bumps-so the springs would have shown a problem by now...i used to race a triumph spitfire and i would use this method to change my rear ride height/camber on my meuller rear spring.
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO