lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2015, 11:21 PM   #1
Jwade79
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Speaker amplifier switch wiring

I am trying to connect a Bluetooth amp to my 12v reducer.

The instructions say:

Red +12v switched
Black is ground
Yellow is +12v battery

Please also note I have a Harley Davidson ignition w 3 wires. One of the wires is for Position #1, which is for accessories. I currently have a digits voltage meter connected..

I am making the assumption I connect black to my bus bar for the ground, yellow to the positive spade terminal on fuse block, but not sure how to incorporate the "red switched wire".

Do I connect this red switch to accessory wire from ignition?? And Also, if so, what if I ended up installing other devises w switch wires. How would I incorporate the multiple switch wires from different devises to the one wire for accessories from ignition?

I appreciate your feedback as I am quite new at all of this!
Jwade79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2015, 12:39 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Speaker amplifier switch wiring

I noticed this post as it is related to the other post I commented.

For all practical purposes You have no "Constant" 12v source.

Your entire fuse block is "switched" since the Key switch turns the DC converter ON/OFF.

Wire anything that says +12v (constant or switched) to the fuse block.

The key switch only has +36v connections, don't ever connect anything for 12v accessories there.

If You have any device that needs a constant +12v connection, You may want to read this entire thread:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1092226

There is a lot of misunderstanding on this site about what used to be called a "memory wire", but that has not been used in decades.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 04:19 PM   #3
Jwade79
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Sergio -

You mention that both 12v contact and switchable wires connect to fuse block. Based on the wire description in my 1st post and in this instance, does that mean I take the yellow and red wire from amp into a single female spade terminal, then connect the space terminal to the male spade on fuse block? Then run the black to buss bar?

Once again, I appreciate your help!
Old 11-11-2015, 04:22 PM   #4
Jwade79
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Also, I don't know if it make any difference or not, but I have a 36v batt system, not 48v.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:40 PM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwade79 View Post
Sergio -

You mention that both 12v contact and switchable wires connect to fuse block. Based on the wire description in my 1st post and in this instance, does that mean I take the yellow and red wire from amp into a single female spade terminal, then connect the space terminal to the male spade on fuse block? Then run the black to buss bar?

Once again, I appreciate your help!
Yes, that is correct.

I also fixed the +48v on the previous post, I meant to say +36v.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:58 PM   #6
Jwade79
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Sergio - thank you for solving all my electrical issues! Everything works great now.

My last electric question - I have lighted directional side view mirrors with small red and black wires on each light. I also have brown and yellow wires coming from a 12v flasher for my blinkers. Can you please tell me the best way to incorporate the side view mirror light wires to the flasher/blinker wires?

Thanks!
Old 11-11-2015, 10:19 PM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

As far as the side mirrors, black goes to the negative buss bar and the red wire gets +12v from whatever source you want.

If You connected the red wire from the left side mirror to the +12v from the left blinker light bulb, it will blink at the same time.

If You can post the model number or a link to the flasher You are using, I will take a look at it, but as far as I know there is not a universal color schema for those devices.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:36 PM   #8
Jwade79
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Sergio - here is my current scenario with side view LED blinkers:

12volt flasher that plugs into brown and yellow wires from light kit.

I have black wire from L and R mirrors going to buss bar.

I have the red wire from each light connected to yellow going to flasher. When I turn my key for 12v accessories the light indicators on mirror stay on, but also flash like they are supposed to when I use blinker. When I move the red wires to the brown wire from Flasher they stay constantly on and don't blink when I use the blinker.

Any idea what I could have wrong here?

Tags
ezgo txt, speaker install
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO