lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2016, 10:44 PM   #1
Eddy_bullpoo
Not Yet Wild

Default Speed loss with lift kit?

Hey guys.

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the 6 inch lift kits and 22" tires? i just ordered a kit, and was wondering how is it going to effect the performance? Will it slow down the cart or make hills an issue?
Eddy_bullpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2016, 07:08 AM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Speed loss with lift kit?

You'll gain top speed due to the larger overall diameter of your wheel-tire, but you'll lose a bit of low end torque. But it's not drastic and you'll only notice it when climbing really steep hills. When I installed my 6" lift my cart ran awesome except for climbing this one steep hill in our campground (I couldn't climb it).

If do you have trouble you can always send the driven clutch (the secondary clutch on the axle) to CPP (Cart Parts Plus) and they'll machine it for you. The machining adjusts the power band to give you back some of that low end torque loss from the larger tires. It costs around $100. But depending on your terrain you may not need it. I live in hilly Ohio so I feel it was a good deal for me and I was able to climb that hill after it was done.

I run 22.5" diameter tires.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 03:16 PM   #3
Eddy_bullpoo
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply. I was worried about the hills because I have a nice hill on my property going down to the lake. But I wouldn't say it's too steep. I don't really lose any speed on it now with out the lift.

I will look into that clutch option. I am in Canada, so I don't know what it would be like to ship it there and back. But maybe I can find a local place.
Eddy_bullpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 03:45 PM   #4
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy_bullpoo View Post
Thanks for the reply. I was worried about the hills because I have a nice hill on my property going down to the lake. But I wouldn't say it's too steep. I don't really lose any speed on it now with out the lift.

I will look into that clutch option. I am in Canada, so I don't know what it would be like to ship it there and back. But maybe I can find a local place.
I know you can play with springs to help out the bottom or top end. I would think a stronger spring in the driven clutch would hold it down in "lower" gear longer.
Tom
TomStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 06:54 AM   #5
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomStark View Post
I know you can play with springs to help out the bottom or top end. I would think a stronger spring in the driven clutch would hold it down in "lower" gear longer.
Tom
Yes, I should have mentioned, the $100 clutch machining I mentioned earlier that I had done to my clutch also included a swap to a heavy-duty spring. So I had both modifications done on mine.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car