lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2016, 06:16 PM   #1
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 02 club car---new batteries

Well i bought new batteries for this cc , question on them . i leave my power charger on them all the time.I get the needle all the way full of juice. I take the trash out to the curb my dog and I. I take my cart back to the shop, put her inside. The charger jumps cear over to the other end of the gauge, ...almost all the way. By morning i go out, look her over, and they are all charged back full, question is this;Is this the right way to treat these batteries? ,I mean... should i put this ;black and yellow 48 volt battery maintainer- on them instead? I checked the cells they are all full up.. The batteries were put in last fall.As usuall i appreciate the help. bob s hello Jake snake!!!
bsa_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2016, 08:08 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 02 club car---new batteries

Unless the curb is 1/2 mile away I think I would drive it a little further between charges. Do you have one of my cute little digital meters for the cart yet? It sure can answer a lot of questions about voltage and state of charge
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:36 PM   #3
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Hey Bob, I would definitely use the Powerdrive charger as your main charger. Remember to always plug it in when it's in the garage. These type of batteries like to be at 100% SOC all the time. And Scotty's right, if you don't have a digital meter, get one. I installed mine a few years back and I'm not sure how I got along without it. Nothing beats real time pack readings...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:23 AM   #4
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: 02 club car---new batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Unless the curb is 1/2 mile away I think I would drive it a little further between charges. Do you have one of my cute little digital meters for the cart yet? It sure can answer a lot of questions about voltage and state of charge

The curb is 300 feet from my garage- get the cart out each tuesday to take dog with me.She loves taking to garbage out. Wish my wants were so easily pleased. NOW whats this gauge look like? how does it mount- easy i hope picture when you have time Scotty b btw Why didn't i listen to you guys, when i was foolin around with those **** FREE alpha batteries. Strange what one goes thru- to save few bucks. OOHH well!! i am building my 55 chevy and happy as a lark .So she says
bob s
Old 02-10-2016, 05:51 PM   #5
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

btt btt btt
Old 02-10-2016, 06:20 PM   #6
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Why didn't i listen to you guys, when i was foolin around with those **** FREE alpha batteries.
I tried to tell you but you wanted to punch me in the face.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:29 PM   #7
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I like bob.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:09 PM   #8
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

JJANCE....I think now.. YOU... shoulda punched me in the face.as many times as you deemed- necessary to Get my attention,But no i punched a few guys when i was young . Sad thing i can't even remember their names now,jus crazy what old age does to ya.Getting free batteries was wonderful---but it sorta cost me in the end. I got to use them for 2 years, so when they took ****. I was not wanting to buy batteries .Sorry If i was rude jj.

And thank you Mr golf!! I like you too.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:51 PM   #9
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

bsa_bob All's well.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car