lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2016, 09:32 AM   #1
mcweb
Not Yet Wild

Default 20x8.00-10 on stock height?

Searching around getting conflicting answers. Just wondering if a 20x8.00-10 tire would fit under a stock height 99 Club Car DS 48v?

Something like this.....

http://www.surpluscenter.com/Wheels/...S-1-5021-2.axd

I have heavy duty rear leaf. And, still in the box I have a 1" block and 1" shackles (NOT INSTALLED, yet..) to lift a little, if necessary. But some sellers say this tire needs a 3" sometimes 4" lift on a CC, some say it will fit, some say it will fit with trimming the body?

Anyone have this setup?
Thanks All!
mcweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2016, 10:32 AM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: 20x8.00-10 on stock height?

They will fit ok. When you turn front wheels they will rub. I used a 1/2 inch block on the front of mine and everything works fine.

image.jpg
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 09:35 AM   #3
mcweb
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
They will fit ok. When you turn front wheels they will rub. I used a 1/2 inch block on the front of mine and everything works fine.

Attachment 131212

Thansk mrgolf! They did exactly as you said. Installed them and they rub just a little in front when completely locked right or left. I don't even think I will worry about the 1" lift just yet. But they ride much better, I think maybe a tiny bit faster, and look way better. Thanks again!
mcweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 11:04 AM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I only used a 1/2 inch lift on the front. I put it above the spring so it does not mess with the alignment cam.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires, wheels
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car