lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2016, 02:05 PM   #1
Seminole31757
Not Yet Wild

Default 2009 EZGO RXV Runs short Period of Time

I recently purchase an 2009 EZGO RXV and was told upfront it needed new batteries. Prior to each attempt at using the cart the Powerwise QE charger has a solid green light stating I have a full charge. I have purchased new batteries and the cart will run fine until I switch the ignition/directional control to off. I will have only run the cart for maybe a 1/4 mile before switching it to off. Once I move the switch from off to forward or reverse the cart fails to operate. I do not hear the click I normally hear as the solenoid engages or maybe its the motor brake releasing not sure. Tow/maintenance mode fails to work. If I charge the unit overnight, I get the same results the next day. Of noteworthiness is the following.[LIST=1][*]Strobe light and backup alarm were wired to the first battery in the series[*]I have to plug the DC connector into the cart amore than once sometimes. Get single flashing red light on charger
  1. 48 volt cart with 4 12 volt batteries
This is my first cart so I am not versed as to how thing should work.
Seminole31757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2016, 02:37 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2009 EZGO RXV Runs short Period of Time

Search this site for & download the "danaher rxv t-shoot guide". Read it.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 04:50 PM   #3
Seminole31757
Not Yet Wild

Cool Re: 2009 EZGO RXV Runs short Period of Time

cgtech thanks. This was very helpful. I now understand how the system verifies the cart is "safe" to operate. Of particular interest was the pack and individual voltages of my new batteries. They were too depleted to be properly charged by my Powerwise QE charger along with the fact the terminal on the DC charger connector needed to be cleaned. Had the shop were I bought the batteries properly condition them and now the Powerwise charger is charging the batteries properly. It was running in limp mode and would quickly draw the batteries down to a point to where the system voltage was too low. I'm going to try and find a better charge; while I don't plan to deplete the batteries to the point the Powerwise fails to work I would rather have the ability if I did deplete them. I am still a novice and this could be complete horse cramp; the cart appears to be operational. Drove it about 4 mile and it is still operational.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:38 PM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

Get a DPI Accusense charger. I replace the sorry factory QE chargers with DPI chargers as soon as the original craps out. Also, you are seriously shortening your battery lifespan by draning them so low.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:58 AM   #5
Seminole31757
Not Yet Wild

I have order the DRI charger as well as a state of charger meter. I rather spend my $$$ accessorizing and not buy batteries. I am also installing a 48-12 volt dc to dc convertor for add-on. Anyone reading this post I strongly advise you read the danaher rxv t-shoot guide cgtech referenced. the dc to dc convertor is a much better choice for 12 volt add-ons considering how finicky the electrical system can be on the RXV. That just my opinion.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:08 PM   #6
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Yes...
Do not wire to key switch !!!!

Post if you need instructions.
Use factory S.O.C. or wire to Batts. Again DO NOT WIRE TO KEYSWITCH !!!
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:18 PM   #7
Seminole31757
Not Yet Wild

Still having issue with this cart. I have noticed that my powerwise qe (DPI has not arrived) charger will initially state the batteries are below 80%; 30 minutes later it indicates a full charge. If I disconnect the charger from the cart and reconnect, it will again state the batteries are below 80% and 30 minutes later read a full charge. The more I repeat this process before trying to drive it the further it will go before it completely stop. Any ideas. I'm going to get a volt meter (dumb enough to loan my out) and will post voltages later; was just wondering if anyone had experienced this issue.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:19 PM   #8
cgtech

Yamaha

Seems pretty clear to me that your charger will put some juice in your batteries, but it shuts down long before the pack is full.
Old 03-15-2016, 04:01 PM   #9
Seminole31757
Not Yet Wild

New problem or same getting worse. I have the new DPI charger and the pack is charged. Now even after a full charger the cart will not perform the brake test and will of course not operate. I didn't plug the unit in since batteries were fully charge but let it set for 2 days. after that period it perform the brake test. I immediately shut the unit off (I was head to the store) and return 2 hours later and again it would not perform the brake test. Any ideas; before I take it to a shop I would like to have some idea of what it could be.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:07 AM   #10
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

bad batteries as in your first post.
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO