lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2016, 11:20 AM   #1
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Powerwise QE with US Batts

I have a 2013 RXV with 4 12V US Battery XC's. My charger is the stock EZ-GO Powerwise QE. My post charge voltages are low, showing about an 80% SOC ranging from 2.50-12.6. I've done equalization charges every now and again but the charger sometimes shuts down an hour or less after unplugging and replugging. Does the Powerwise do an effective equalizer? I will buy a DPI charger when I change batteries but thought I would just milk this one out until then. But, perhaps I need to move to a DPI to get the most out of these?
oldnavycdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2016, 12:02 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Powerwise QE with US Batts

Sounds like your PW-QE isn't fully charging your US Battery brand batteries.
They ought to be reading about 12.82V each about 12 hours after the charger shuts off.

Go ahead and get a DPI (which has a user selectable charging algorithm for US Battery products), hit them with two or three "equalization" charges a day for a week or so and you might get a few more months out of the existing batteries.
Attached Images
File Type: png US Battery SoC vs OCV table from USB.png (185.3 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 01:00 PM   #3
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Powerwise QE with US Batts

Thanks, JohnnieB. I get why OEM's might want to maximize profit by shopping batteries but it seems like a poor practice to mismatch batteries and chargers. I'll shop for that DPI charger and gas the heck out of these US Batts.
oldnavycdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO