lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2016, 10:10 PM   #1
Noplugs
Not Yet Wild

Default Speeding up 48V PDS

New to Carts, I have a lifted 2012 PDS (Pretty Darn Slow) 48V with a 1206HB-5201 controller, I am sure its stock for the most part. I want to get it to go faster, I looked into programming software instructions and they where not clear on this. If I go and replace the controller what one should I look into, with the Idea I might upgrade the motor as cash allows
Noplugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2016, 12:06 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Speeding up 48V PDS

You could have the ezgo dealer unlock "freedom mode", that would be good for 19mph with stock size tires, faster with bigger tires. I think alltrax also offers a plug&play controller replacement, it would get a little more speed than "freedom mode" plus more torque. If you are just looking for more mph, freedom mode is best bang-for-the-buck.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 09:16 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Speeding up 48V PDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noplugs View Post
New to Carts, I have a lifted 2012 PDS (Pretty Darn Slow) 48V with a 1206HB-5201 controller, I am sure its stock for the most part. I want to get it to go faster, I looked into programming software instructions and they where not clear on this. If I go and replace the controller what one should I look into, with the Idea I might upgrade the motor as cash allows
A lifted cart usually indicates the tires are taller than stock (18") height and the stock Curtis 1206HB is only a 250A controller, so going to a more robust controller would be a logical upgrade, as is planning ahead for a possible motor upgrade in the future.

An Alltrax XCT-48500-TXT-48 would be sufficient for almost any aftermarket motor and can be turned down to 400A while still running the stock motor.

The XCT controller will remove the 4400RPM limit imposed by the 1206HB controller, so the cart may be faster, but not knowing the actual tire height and tire type, the theoretical top speed is unknown.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pretty darn slow pds
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO