lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2016, 11:04 PM   #1
vadum
Not Yet Wild

Default 4 12v to 6 8v batteries

Does it matter if when replacing my batteries I mount 6 8v batteries in place of the 4 12v batteries that I have now (as long as they actually fit)? Are there any other concerns I should be aware of?
vadum is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2016, 11:35 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 4 12v to 6 8v batteries

There are several battery trays available to make your swap "a snap" (the 8v batts dont fit in a stock plastic "12v tray"). Sounds like you have a RXV. All rxv were sold with delta-q QE chargers (junk). They used to be set for US batteries or Trojan batteries (both brands were offered from the factory, and the different brands want to be treated different by the charger). Now they claim the chargers are DV/DT, so will work with all brand batteries (what changed? Nothing? Anything?). The stock charger sucks in general, very poor reliability. The cart will do better with a top-quality set of 8v batteries, no matter if Trojan, US, Crown, or whatever, only buy the best offered of whatever brand you choose. My suggestion would be sell your factory charger & get a DPI, it can be easily set by you (or by whoever you order it from) to the best profile for your brand of batteries, only tools required is a phillips screwdriver for 2 screws, maybe needle-nose pliers for jumpers if you have really short fingernails.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:26 AM   #3
vadum
Not Yet Wild

I had to google DPI charger and they are not bad priced and get great reviews. I suspect there is something wrong with my OEM charger that lead to my batteries going bad in the first place. Good to hear all I need to do is swap out the battery tray, sounds like and easy upgrade. Thanks again.
vadum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 11:51 AM   #4
chuckinnc
Getting Wild

Done mine 6 yrs ago, unreal the run time I gained. No problems with the charger, batteries are in series so it's always 48v no matter if they are 4x12v
6x8v or 8 6v batteries, I did have to outboard 2 x 6v batteries to the rear
carrier, it's a hunting cart so looks dosen't matter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 48v Golfcart.jpg (212.2 KB, 0 views)
chuckinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO