lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2016, 04:58 AM   #11
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New Controller, Same Stock Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekennygreene View Post
Would the larger 225 ah battery give me more power, or just longer run time.
As it appears that your batteries are undersized I'm willing to bet both. When I spoke of there being a bottleneck in your system you have two, one in the middle and worse yet one at the start...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2016, 11:28 PM   #12
twistedglide
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Any new information on the outcome?
twistedglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 10:31 PM   #13
timmyjane
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Probably not too much nws. I have a series with 48v upgrade all 2g cables and the SPM 48500 and the speed is still fairly disappointing. Well not disappointing, maybe that is too harsh, but I wish it was faster. I hit 22 down a moderate hill and 15 on a mild incline. I would imaging that up a steep hill Ill be lucky to get 9-10. It's a series cart thing.
timmyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:42 AM   #14
thekennygreene
Not Yet Wild

Ok everyone, sorry for the delay. Finally got the the solenoid in. Took like 2 weeks from China. Well after a complete 2g wire upgrade, hd selonoid, Alltrax spm 48400 controller, plum quick bandit motor, i still wasnt really impressed with the results.

So after doing some research, I decided to install me a "GO FAST" button. I used the old solenoid, 2 new cables, and some small speaker wire for the new push button. WOW. Now that is an upgrade. You can feel the difference as soon as you press it. I can reach speeds on a flat road as fast as 26mph now. Not sure if i would of had the same results if i'd of just installed the Go Fast button, and not the addition upgrades. But I am now satisfied.
thekennygreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:16 AM   #15
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Details on the "go fast" button upgrade so for someone who finds this thread in the future and for newbies like me we can understand all in one place.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:56 AM   #16
thekennygreene
Not Yet Wild

GO FAST BUTTON.jpg
Just install a solenoid somewhere. Then run some heavy gauge wires from the S1 and S2 bolts on the motor to the Solenoid. Then run some wires from the solenoid to the battery pack and to the button. Pretty Easy. Might also be a good idea to install a fuse on the battery positive for the wire that runs to the button.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:59 AM   #17
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Keep your checkbook handy. Won't be long now...
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:06 AM   #18
thekennygreene
Not Yet Wild

Nothing seems to be getting hot. Only thing that changes is motor gets a little warm, but is the same temp as when im not using the button. So I dont think there is an issue there.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:31 AM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Series motors cannot get out of their own way to go fast since all of the current that flows through the Armature also flows through the Field coils.

What is being described is "Field Weakening", it has been around since the late 1800s when electric locomotives started to transport people.

In its most simple and crude implementation is just a solenoid that shorts the Field coil (S1 and S2 motor posts).

When we discussed this a while back in the Club Car section, I suggested using a second relay to control the Field Weakening Solenoid.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1097304
The idea is to use the pedal switch or main solenoid activation to power the small relay coil.

You would just push the button one time and the relay coil would latch ON (turning the Field Weakening Solenoid ON).

The relay would drop OFF when the pedal is released (turning OFF the Field Weakening Solenoid).

This would make sure the Solenoid is disengaged when the current is OFF, preventing it from possibly getting welded.

Also keep in mind that creates a very inefficient High Speed motor that will overheat if any torque conditions are created as the motor would be unable to develop much torque.

I would also use 6ga cable for the shunt, so if the cart does encounter a situation where torque is needed and the motor current starts to increase, hopefully the 6ga cable will start to heat and create enough resistance to divert some of the current back into the Field coil.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:44 AM   #20
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

well I just saw this thread....and Kenny, how much if a grade (hill) do you have to deal with that is causing you issues? seeing as how your cart is a "street" cart and not an off-roader, in my personal opinion, for a series cart (mine is too) and you want/need more speed and to be able to maintain it.....you need to be able to supply it with more available "JUICE"....AND possible a different motor, like a high speed motor, which the bandit isn't truly. you can see is my sig, I'm running a 48500, a bit taller tire than you, and a high speed motor and it will run 27 mph all day....and I am still at 36v. once my pack is ready for new "upgrade" to 48v....it will easily be running in the neighborhood of 33-35mph.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alltrax, controller, plumquick, series, spm48400
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO