lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2016, 12:20 PM   #11
bbbdale
Gone Wild

Most of the lifted one's on Craigslist just have a lift kit and big tires added to them.

They don't address the upgraded controller or motor that is necessary to perform better.

I did not worry so much about the year and concentrated more on the extras the cart already had. Lift kit, tires, batteries, controller.

I chose Club Car for the frame and 48v setup. I chose six 8v batteries over four 12v batteries due to the battery life issues.

Mine is a 2002.
bbbdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2016, 01:37 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: what year?, is it a good deal? and best upgrade options?

Quote:
Originally Posted by schkattack1 View Post
Thanks everyone - so now I have a couple more basic questions and I know these are opinions but again opinions from experts versus a newbie like me::

1. if you had a choice would you prefer a Club Car to modify or an EZGO?

2. which has more options to upgrade?

3. Best year range you think provides some good upgrades with fair prices you have seen?

I see a lot of golf carts on Craigslist and several look like good deals and personally I have that old addage of the double edged sword- I would like to get one that is 36volts and needs batteries so I can make a lower offer and upgrade to 48volts but without the batteries to check it out that may not be good because there could be other problems.
Your thoughts??
It really depends upon what you want as an end result... answer these questions to give us a better idea of what's needed and add any info not covered.

What size tires are on the cart? Lifted?
How many people ride on the cart?
Cargo Box or trailer?
Is the electrical system 36 or 48 volts?
What top speed is desired?
Is the used on or off the road?
Is the terrain hilly? If yes, steep or mild hills?
Is the footing sandy or muddy?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:24 PM   #13
schkattack1
Not Yet Wild

What size tires are on the cart? all those I see on Craigslist are regular golf cart tires but I need tires for our hunting lease.
Lifted? most lower priced carts are not lifted
How many people ride on the cart? 2-4 people would ride, normally 2 and hopefully some deer or hogs on too.
Cargo Box or trailer?not sure
Is the electrical system 36 or 48 volts?from what i have read I believe I would need the 48 volt type system but I have no problem with getting a 36 volt unit and modifying it for 48 volts.
What top speed is desired? probably 15-20 mph maybe more
Is the used on or off the road? off road - hunting lease
Is the terrain hilly? If yes, steep or mild hills?it is hilly terrain but not real steep except 1 hill
Is the footing sandy or muddy? mostly sandy and lots of sand in some areas. I need 4 wheel drive in my truck sometimes.

I guess I was looking to take on a project where I could get a cart fairly cheap and upgrade it myself to save some money and learn how to do some of these things than spending a lot of money for one already fixed up but maybe I am expecting too much.
Hope this helps.
schkattack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:25 PM   #14
zhhb84
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by schkattack1 View Post
What size tires are on the cart? all those I see on Craigslist are regular golf cart tires but I need tires for our hunting lease.
Lifted? most lower priced carts are not lifted
How many people ride on the cart? 2-4 people would ride, normally 2 and hopefully some deer or hogs on too.
Cargo Box or trailer?not sure
Is the electrical system 36 or 48 volts?from what i have read I believe I would need the 48 volt type system but I have no problem with getting a 36 volt unit and modifying it for 48 volts.
What top speed is desired? probably 15-20 mph maybe more
Is the used on or off the road? off road - hunting lease
Is the terrain hilly? If yes, steep or mild hills?it is hilly terrain but not real steep except 1 hill
Is the footing sandy or muddy? mostly sandy and lots of sand in some areas. I need 4 wheel drive in my truck sometimes.

I guess I was looking to take on a project where I could get a cart fairly cheap and upgrade it myself to save some money and learn how to do some of these things than spending a lot of money for one already fixed up but maybe I am expecting too much.
Hope this helps.

i think you need a gas cart than electric for long travel. also lifted tire is a must for better clearance.
zhhb84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:19 PM   #15
schkattack1
Not Yet Wild

zhhb84,
I have a 4 wheel atv but as I mentioned in my very first post we are looking for something more silent to have because we are hunting a real remote area and feel like the vehicles and 4 wheeler make way too much noise so we were going to find something quiet like an electric cart..

thanks
schkattack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:26 PM   #16
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Some of the electric carts say 15 mike range or farther. Even modified if it drops to 10 miles. Most folks don't drive 5 miles to their hunting spot from where they leave their truck. I think you will be fine.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:19 AM   #17
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

What you are describing tells me that you will have no stock parts left in the electrical/motor/batteries left when you are done getting it where you want it. Deep sand requires big power for electric. 20 mph top speed should be the high end to still meet your other expectations. Oh yeah, deep sand will be no fun without posi, super slow or stuck.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:28 AM   #18
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

We transformed our hotrod RXV into a wash-monster. It has the ezgo 350 amp AC controller upgrade, 6x 8v batts, & aggressive tread tires (about 20" on 8" rims, they thump on hard surfaces). It totally flies in deep sand with 2 people on it. Now i need to find some similar sized tires for the front, the stock turf tires are a total joke in sand when its time to do anything besides go straight. Keep in mind that a 350a controller will not act the same in a DC cart that does not have posi & 16.99:1 gears from the factory.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:16 AM   #19
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

i suggest a series cart heavily upgraded......you might want to consider a lithium swap for lighter weight/increased range,tires no bigger than 20-22" range -hd springs and small lift...
that is the setup i would use....
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:25 AM   #20
Hypersprint
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You could also take a look on craigslist and see if there are anything like the Bad Boy Buggies available in your area.

I did a quick search and found this one in my area http://orlando.craigslist.org/for/5543566918.html, not that I need another cart but at that price I just may have to go look at it
Hypersprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO