lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2016, 05:59 PM   #1
MikeCowan
Not Yet Wild

Question 36 Volt EZ-GO TXT just won't go

I have a 36 volt EZ-GO TXT with a new Alltrax controller. I replaced the solenoid although it was probably still good. I found a wire lying loose at the inductive throttle sensor, hooked it up but when that didn't help I replaced the sensor coil. I threw away the wire that was lying loose next to the sensor coil but I now think that somehow somebody had rigged it to make it run.
Motor runs fine, in both directions, if I hook it directly to the batteries.
I'm at a loss as to where to look next.
MikeCowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2016, 09:10 PM   #2
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That wire was probably used to bypass the pedal micro switch. I would check it first for continuity.
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 12:50 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36 Volt EZ-GO TXT just won't go

Without knowing what type drive system your cart has, we cannot offer much advice on how to troubleshoot it. All we know so far is that the cart was made after in 1996 or later, has a plastic body (TXT) and it has an aftermarket controller installed.

The Alltrax controller may have a three letter model identifier on it. AXE, NPX, SPM, DCX, NCX, or XCT. If so, that will tell us the drive type and we can go from there.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 06:24 PM   #4
MikeCowan
Not Yet Wild

I finally figured out that I had a poor connection at the four pin plug on top of the controller (actually 6 pin but one is missing and only four are used.... pink, black, orange, red)
The plug is damaged so that one or more wires were only occasionally making contact. I took the damaged plug apart and rigged it so that each wire was making contact and it started to work as it should( wheels on jack stand)

My problem now is where to get such a plug. Alltrax says it's only available from EZ-GO and EZ-GO wants to sell me an expensive harness.
I know there has to be a simple way to attach the wires, but the pins are so close together that the original plug is the best solution.

I can't be the only one to have encountered this problem. I would greatly appreciate any help or advice.
MikeCowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 07:48 PM   #5
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I would find someone with a junk cart parting it out and have them either sell you the harness or cut the plug end off for you
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO