lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2016, 09:13 PM   #1
pricebk
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Need a little advice on 1999 ezgo dcs cart upgrade

First of all let me say thanks for any help up front. New here. I have a 1999 36volt ezgo dcs stock cart and need just a little more power. I use it around camp grounds it has a rear seat and stock tires. Would you go with a new motor upgrade with stock controller or upgrade the controller with stock motor. Not looking for more speed I need just a little pulling power. Thanks
pricebk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2016, 09:18 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need a little advice on 1999 ezgo dcs cart upgrade

In my opinion the stock controller was very small for the stock motor on the minimal task of carrying 2 people 300 yds on moderate terrain and resting until the ball was hit again, then repeat.

What I gather from this is motor upgrades on stock controllers are a joke because motors that make better performance need more amperage to burn to do that. So, bigger controller on stock motor is my first choice for upgrades.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:11 AM   #3
pricebk
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That was the route I was thinking I have read a lot of posts on here. I was just trying to get a push in one way or the other. If I go with a new controller would the XCT be my best option ? And if so would that let me go to 42 volt later if needed.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:33 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Yes and yes but make sure to order a solenoid that will work with both voltages.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 09:49 AM   #5
pricebk
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok, Thanks for the input that what I need is to hear from people that has done it and know the best route to go. Thanks to both of you. Scottyb I will get with you soon on a controller.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:07 AM   #6
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

think about upgrading your cables to 4 or 2 gauge it will help
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:43 AM   #7
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you order from Scotty you'll get that upgraded solenoid automatically! His packages comes with one.
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 12:14 PM   #8
pricebk
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks everybody for the input I have changed all the cables to 4ga welding cables already I didn't change the field wire they look 10ga may change them to 8ga when I upgrade the controller. Thanks
Old 06-14-2016, 09:31 PM   #9
charlie9092000
Not Yet Wild

I have the same golf cart cart as you 1999 DCS , I upgraded to the alltrax 400 controller with cables.
I went from 13 mph to 19 withmuch better torque .
I have old battery's (5 years) with stock tires.
battery upgrade coming soon.
My advise is to order from scottyb , I had an issue with the installation which the site that I purchased the controller and solenoid from was of no help.
that's how i found this site.

Charlie
charlie9092000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 01:30 AM   #10
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I too would vote scottyb. He is like a personal resource just an email away when you need his help or have a question on installation. He has been great answering my questions when I was installing the controller solonoid and contactor I got from him. He also ships The stuff with great attention to detail. Lined the box in foam and cut sits into it to fit my bracket and little compartments for the componets. One of the best shipping jobs I have seen in awhile. My box looked like it was kicked all the way to my door here in SC from California but everything inside was fine thanks to his packaging.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO