lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2016, 10:09 PM   #11
ToolExpressDude
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Changing to a electric cart.....advice please?

Thanks all for the great info. PS I live in Hilton Head SC. After digesting all the info Id say 25-28 would be more than adequate. So Ill start looking for something like that. Now I know I need 48V and will decide how much Id spend to get past 25mph. Im thinking the overheated motor could be an issue as Helirich suggests. I want to have a cart that when I do a home swap with someone they can drive the 3 miles to shopping, dining, and groceries without renting a car for the swap/visit. 25-28 should be fine for that based on what I'm hearing without losing too much range and maybe without threatening too much heat. Thanks all! Coop
ToolExpressDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2016, 10:17 PM   #12
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolExpressDude View Post
Thanks all for the great info. PS I live in Hilton Head SC. After digesting all the info Id say 25-28 would be more than adequate. So Ill start looking for something like that. Now I know I need 48V and will decide how much Id spend to get past 25mph. Im thinking the overheated motor could be an issue as Helirich suggests. I want to have a cart that when I do a home swap with someone they can drive the 3 miles to shopping, dining, and groceries without renting a car for the swap/visit. 25-28 should be fine for that based on what I'm hearing without losing too much range and maybe without threatening too much heat. Thanks all! Coop
Not to be a buzzkill here but I'd be extremely cautious about allowing anyone to operate a hopped up golf cart without me being there. You are opening yourself up a huge can of worms should there be an accident with a modified golf cart as these things were not designed to go faster than 14 miles an hour. If your intent on such an endeavor you would be safer buying a true titled low speed vehicle.
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 01:32 AM   #13
Isaac-1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just to add another voice to teecro's statement, it does really all depend on who will be driving it, and if they have the needed experience to drive it safely. While I am fairly new to electric golf carts, I can say that my EZ-GO RXV with 20 inch tires and freedom mode goes about as fast as I would ever want it to go without major suspension and braking upgrades. And while I am fairly new to electric golf carts I have owned my fair share of go fast toys over the years, ATV's Jet Ski's, and a few reasonably fast cars.

My current car while mostly stock, will do 0-60 in under 5 seconds, and at least in theory tops out somewhere over 160 mph although I have never had it up over about 135 and I think I would probably trust a teenager driving it before I would trust one driving a 30+ mph golf cart.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 05:10 AM   #14
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Now with that being said with the realization that you don't need a 30 + MPH cart you've brought the reality of it within a doable range of a modded 48 volt cart. A set of extra cap FLA batteries, a 500 amp controller and matching motor and you've got a cart that can easily go 25 MPH for 12 to 15 miles with absolutely no problem. Tone down the use of the pedal to 20 MPH and extend that range even further...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 07:36 AM   #15
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Get an RXV stock in freedom mode or pds txt don't they both go 19mph?
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 07:45 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsoncartguy View Post
Get an RXV stock in freedom mode or pds txt don't they both go 19mph?
19.6 officially with dealer freedom program.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 02:42 PM   #17
Isaac-1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
19.6 officially with dealer freedom program.
For anyone following this that is on stock 18 inch tire size, add a larger tire / wheel combo and you can go faster, I have 19.75 inch tires on 10 inch rims on my Freedom mode RXV and it tops out at 21/22 mph (22 mph flickers when checking speed by GPS, math says it should get 21.5 based on the upsized tires). There are reports of people running 21 and even a few 22 inch tires on an unlifted RXV which should let you hit 24.0 mph (with 22 inch tires) or about 23 mph on 21 inch tires. The nice thing about the RXV at max speed you are being limited by the controller, you are not at the point the cart runs out of power, so even on moderate hills you can maintain that top speed most of the time unless the cart is loaded down (mine will maintain about 19-20 mph going up a hill with a 40 ft rise over about 800 feet on pavement with 600 pounds of passengers).

Having said that a stock RXV at 21 mph requires concentration, the front A arm suspension does make body roll a real concern at this speed and it does NOT stop on a dime with the regenerative central braking. Possibly if it were upgraded with air ride shocks and mechanical front brakes from the 2Five it would be different, but as it stands an RXV at 20+ mph requires concentration, planning ahead, and hope you don't have to try to suddenly dodge obstacles.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 03:02 PM   #18
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Scotty, doesn't it read "Speeds up to 19.6 MPH" ?

Reason I ask is we have been seeing a lot of fleet RXV/TXT that after applying the dongle (which should unlock freedom mode) are toping out at between 17 and 18.5 MPH.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 05:26 PM   #19
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

22" on stock rxv??? I suspect they don't actually measure 22" or they have trimmed body?
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 06:38 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
Scotty, doesn't it read "Speeds up to 19.6 MPH" ?

Reason I ask is we have been seeing a lot of fleet RXV/TXT that after applying the dongle (which should unlock freedom mode) are toping out at between 17 and 18.5 MPH.
Well I'll be dammed. Lookie what the cat dragged in
What's up Wabbit?
I'm sure it does read up to..... I just snagged a lease return TXT48 with freedom code and it actually did go the 19.5 with the tires puffed up pretty hard
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO