lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2016, 08:00 AM   #11
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New to electric

Yes there is a buzzer someone probably disconnected it as there annoying as all get out.

I guess you mean 12" rims??? If you put 12" tires on it you would slow way down. But seriously rim height has no bearing on speed, it's tire diameter. Basically you can have an 18" tire with an 8" rim like a stock cart tire or you can have an 18" tire with a 12" rim. Assuming they both measures 18"s there will be no speed difference.

So if you have a PDS cart which is what it sounds like as you say "freedom harness" it should go 19mph with stock HEIGHT tires.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2016, 08:07 AM   #12
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I would reconnect that backup alarm. It is a major safety issue.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:16 AM   #13
Helirich
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
I would reconnect that backup alarm. It is a major safety issue.
There's always a discussion when this subject comes up. If you don't want the obnoxious noise, I would recommend some tape on the buzzer. That way you get the warning, but it's not giving you hearing damage. I don't feel the need to warn people behind me, but I do like warning myself that I'm about to go backwards.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:29 AM   #14
general01
Gone Wild
Club Car

That's the thing

This cart has no noise at ALL when backing up and I would normally put a switch between the buzzer and its power supply and put it on the dash but without it beeping I don't know where said beeper is to check it out

considering it's going to be likely used around other people the beeper would keep the risk of others possibly getting hit(something I don't want to have happen)
general01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:31 AM   #15
general01
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsoncartguy View Post
Yes there is a buzzer someone probably disconnected it as there annoying as all get out.

I guess you mean 12" rims??? If you put 12" tires on it you would slow way down. But seriously rim height has no bearing on speed, it's tire diameter. Basically you can have an 18" tire with an 8" rim like a stock cart tire or you can have an 18" tire with a 12" rim. Assuming they both measures 18"s there will be no speed difference.

So if you have a PDS cart which is what it sounds like as you say "freedom harness" it should go 19mph with stock HEIGHT tires.
I meant tires(my mistake)the tires are 215/40 r12
Old 06-20-2016, 09:44 AM   #16
Helirich
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by general01 View Post
That's the thing

This cart has no noise at ALL when backing up and I would normally put a switch between the buzzer and its power supply and put it on the dash but without it beeping I don't know where said beeper is to check it out

considering it's going to be likely used around other people the beeper would keep the risk of others possibly getting hit(something I don't want to have happen)
It usually is under the seat or behind the dash. If you remove the front cowl, you'll find it.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:46 AM   #17
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I think I will wire up a bright red LED or something on the dash when in reverse. I don't like the buzzer and I want to use this thing in the woods to hunt. Even with like 3 layers of electrical tape on it it still is an obnoxious foreign sound in the woods.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 01:13 PM   #18
general01
Gone Wild
Club Car

^ I may do this so it will be a reminder to the driver without annoying others but will check out the stock buzzer to see what's up with it

I looked under the front cowl and found nothing aside from the wiring going to the key and f and r switch

Will look again and see if I overlooked it though
Old 06-20-2016, 03:28 PM   #19
rib33024

On the dash where the key and direction switch is located, drill out those 2 plastic rivets and take that plate off. Inside there you will see the buzzer.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:27 PM   #20
general01
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
On the dash where the key and direction switch is located, drill out those 2 plastic rivets and take that plate off. Inside there you will see the buzzer.
Ok I get the elite dash for the cart in a few days and will do that before it gets here so I know the back up beeper works and will put it on a switch so it can be turned off if not wanted
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO