lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2016, 03:12 PM   #1
Joel Craig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Gunna Lift IT

My 1997 36v EZGO TXT.Completely stock, wanting to go 4" max . I have 205/50-10 tires on it that are in good shape ,I'll keep them on untell they need to be replaced then maybe go a little bigger . I'm not planning on doing and real off roading with it , it's primarily just for looks but I want to do it right. I would rather substitute time for money due to I have more time and enjoy working on the thing. I am an experienced welder. if that has any bearing on this attempt to make the best decision. During the process of lifting it, I plan on installing the plastic wheel well trim pieces and thinking that maybe wheel spacers are in order. I am open for any advice on what type of lift kit is best , what other components I should address while I'm doing this, wich parts will not come with the lift kit? Spacer size? I appreciate it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1133.jpg (249.3 KB, 0 views)
Joel Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2016, 06:59 PM   #2
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Gunna Lift IT

Spacers are not necessary. Find what ever lift you like the brand and the price. They all work. No kit will require fab or welding as they all bolt on. You may want to consider new shocks and I would get new bushings for the rear springs as I am sure the original ones are dried out and will fall apart when you remove the springs...as mine did. And it's a 96.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 07:52 PM   #3
Helirich
Gone Wild

Spacers are a mixed bag. They will make the cart less likely to tip over on a side hill or high speed turn, but they put extra stress on wheel bearings. They also can throw mud and dirt up the sides of the cart. (This may not be a problem if you install flares)

Just a note, the jakes spindle lift gives a wider trac without spacers. (At least in front)
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 08:12 PM   #4
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The rear tracks wider anyway. At least my 96 txt with the lift is narrower in the front.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 01:56 PM   #5
Joel Craig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the advice.
Old 06-26-2016, 04:11 PM   #6
Joel Craig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

ok I found a 3" Jakes spindle lift kit for $320 ,sound about right? Also I'd like to ask if anyone know if I have options on styles of fender flares? the only ones I'm seeing are to big or bulky in my opinion. And any suggestions on shocks to get?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO