lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2016, 12:01 PM   #1
Noneck
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Alltrax help?

Ok I'm stumped. Is anyone able to help with final connections? Been out here in the garage for 2 hours re reading all the diagrams and Scottyb install thread. On the harness from the throttle, I have the black, white red and green wires. I can't figure out where the green lands? And also on my reverse switch , I have blue and green from key. Blue goes to forward and green goes to the horn? Then the reverse solenoid goes with an orange wire to the Alltrax controller blue J1. Is that all correct? Photos attached for review and clarification. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016-07-10 12.02.07.jpg (152.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2016-07-10 12.02.23.jpg (155.6 KB, 0 views)
Noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2016, 01:18 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax help?

Are you wanting the reverse buzzer to work?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg web.jpg (48.0 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 02:24 PM   #3
Noneck
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

No. I connected the green from the foot switch to the green from the key switch. One end was male the other female and I believe they were connected inside the loom like that. So I powered on the cart and have no green status light or motion. Batteries are at 12.5v. Something wrong for sure. Also I wired the motor S1 to D on reverse switch and S2 to B on reverse switch assuming that B and D are referenced from the rear of cart. So B is driver side D us passenger side. Could that be wrong and causing my problem?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016-07-10 13.38.40.jpg (172.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-10-2016, 03:12 PM   #4
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Batteries at 12.5v??? I guess you have either three 12v batteries or four 12v batteries???
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 03:30 PM   #5
Noneck
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes, 3x 12 for now...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 07-10-2016, 03:31 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

okay so we have no power coming to the solenoid small posts or the controller power board.

Can I assume the cart ran before you started the install?

I will post the diagram found in your owners manual. All reference to wires and color should be referenced to this diagram to avoid confusion.

I think connecting the green to green (plug ins) may be incorrect. more later on that.

Lets trace this circuit from the beginning using the modified diagram attached.
The (+) power must start at the Charge receptacle (or for 05 & up models) at the Battery pack main B+ terminal.
There MUST be power at every end point of the red line. MS2 is on the drivers side of the rotary F&R. The wire colors are clearly marked on the diagram.

Do some checking and tell us where the power is present and where it is not ON THE RED LINE ONLY when the key is on, carts in gear, pedal is down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SR EZ solenoid activation.jpg (198.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-10-2016, 03:57 PM   #7
Noneck
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you. I had to walk away for a bit. I'll check everything you mentioned and report back. The cart did in fact run prior to yesterday. I did get the reverse horn signal when placed in reverse but that was it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 07-10-2016, 05:12 PM   #8
Noneck
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Just got back to garage. So when I push throttle down with key on, the green status LED blinks and the cooling fan runs. The green blinks once, followed immediately by red blinks. I traced the red circuit as you explained Scottyb, and there is power at every point to the Alltrax controller. What is the MS2 you mentioned?
Old 07-10-2016, 05:29 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
Just got back to garage. So when I push throttle down with key on, the green status LED blinks and the cooling fan runs. The green blinks once, followed immediately by red blinks.
The Blinks are a code. We need to know how many red and how many green it is flashing, then you can look in your owners manual and tell us what the fault code is.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:12 PM   #10
Noneck
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

4 green flashes, pause then One green, followed immediately by 4 red. So that translates to "EZGO ITS throttle" and "M- over temperature." So I'm guessing it's not happy with the throttle wiring and I see why the fan comes on, but what now?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO