lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2017, 10:25 PM   #1
Nomoney52
Not Yet Wild

Default 2014 EZGO RXV will not move

My 2014 rxv is having problems. When I turn the key on, it runs through the POST test like normal. When I try to accelerate forward or reverse it will deengauge the brake, start to move, then lock the brake back on again. All happens in a split second. It all started after I washed the cart. Rode it 2 miles to a buddy's house and went to leave and nothing. Got the brake to unlock once with tow mode and neatural. Also got the brake to unlock by swapping the plugs underneath the plastic cover for the controller. Instructions were on the back of the plastic piece to release the brake. After I put it on the charger for 5 minutes, it worked normal. Drove it for about 5 minutes and backed it into the garage and went to pull back out and it wouldn't go. When I turn the key on, I get all normal test functions and then when I try to move the cart forward, the brake relases and then locks down again within a second. Played with the run plug and had no luck.

UPDATE

I checked the connection to the charger, its fine. I found a bazooka tube I had mounted above my motor came loose and landed on top of the motor and bounced around for a while. I think it may have busted the little black "sensor?" Thing on top of the motor on the right side.

Ok. It's a speed sensor. I have that figured out. Now is there anyway to bench test it.

Nomoney52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-15-2017, 11:00 PM   #2
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2014 EZGO RXV will not move

Doesn't look like you can bench test it, the RXV is one of those carts designed to be tested with a diagnostic tool lol that's why I'm not a fan of them, they are touchy cars
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 11:53 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Most accurate way to test it is on the cart with a oscilloscope. O-scope good enough for this can be had for less than $20, if you don't mind soldering it together. Here's the cheap scope & what you should be seeing when motor is turning. DSO138 is the scope.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20151204_145042_573.jpg (215.8 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:23 AM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Just replace the motor speed encoder, do not risk it. The integrity of the enclosure that protects the electronics from the environment is compromised. It is not a simple sensor, it is a digital circuit with 2 outputs that the controller relies upon. Your controllers control of the AC motor depends upon reliable signals from that motor speed encoder. At least you have the newer style motor with the easy to replace encoder.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:14 AM   #5
Nomoney52
Not Yet Wild

Ok, so this sensor is called the motor speed encoder?
Nomoney52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 12:52 PM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomoney52 View Post
Ok, so this sensor is called the motor speed encoder?
Yes
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO