lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2017, 10:17 PM   #1
NLaudy
Not Yet Wild

Default 06 Precedent Alltrax and Solenoid Install

Fellas, I am trying to figure out the best place to install my Alltrax controller/Solenoid. I searched around for photos and ideas on this cart model but couldn't find much.

I already removed the OBC, stock solenoid, and controller. From what I understand I will not need the OBC with the charger I am getting(Lester Summit) and this new controller.

I was looking at mounting it in the location shown. The solenoid will be mounted a little higher as I can cover the gap shown with scrap aluminum I have. Does anyone see any issues with this before I start mounting things and attempt to wire it all up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NLaudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2017, 10:24 PM   #2
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 06 Precedent Alltrax and Solenoid Install

Looks to me like the fan is almost touching the deck.....I would personally want more space there to draw clean air.
I would angle to controller with the top toward the front of the bucket and have the fan pointing toward the lower corner.

You going beck with 4/12's or are you doing the 6/8 conversion?
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:27 PM   #3
NLaudy
Not Yet Wild

Actually you are right... what if I flipped it around? Or are there other options?

I do not currently have batteries. I was planning to do the 6/8 conversion

Old 03-27-2017, 10:30 PM   #4
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

6/8 is the way to go.
Is the fan reversible?
I would still angle it regardless.

Check out the sticky on the conversion. I just completed my conversion and it was fairly easy and straight forward. Just watch when you cut the front of the bucket on the passenger side...there is a wiring harness behind there so you gotta be very careful.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:36 PM   #5
NLaudy
Not Yet Wild

I can definitely angle it. Not sure if fan is reversible. Don't think it is though due to the power plug.

I will check the sticky out. At this point I have zero wiring in the cart :)

Old 03-27-2017, 10:54 PM   #6
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I do not have a good picture, but I just did this upgrade to my 2013 Precedent.

I mounted the new solenoid right where the old one was, and I mounted the XCT Controller horizontally about where the original one was. I used one of the existing Controller mounting holes. I rerouted the wires and everything from the harness reached where it needed to go.

This thread has lots of suggestions and help on where to mount it.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...p-install.html

Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:25 AM   #7
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Aflyer, his bucket is different than yours. He has the 4/12's with the electronics tower in the middle. Your electronics are on the back wall of the bucket.

Old 03-28-2017, 11:36 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

My post 2 yrs ago when this control was first released. The subject was a 2005 Precedent XCT install: (note the fan plug in at the top side of the control)
The install was not as easy as I would like to see it but it wasn't terribly difficult either. The Precedent's wire harness is tailored to the OEM unit and has a cluster of 3 wires in the controller B- lug connection. I chose to install with the B- terminal at the bottom. This required me to cut the OBC lead off at the 3 wire lug and add about 12" and a ring terminal to it to reach the new location. But it allow easy connection of the 10 wire plug. I also changed the wire connectors on the smaller F1 and F2 wires from spade to ring. However - a pair of ring to spade connectors would do the job without any modification of the F1 and F2 wires. see attached. We will supply these when they arrive.
For attachment bolt holes had to be drilled and 1/4 X 1.5 " bolts. I removed one 12v battery for access and drilling .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XCT install IQ.jpg (47.9 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car