lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2017, 12:35 AM   #21
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1993 marathon barn find

delete me
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2017, 12:38 AM   #22
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by noslofivoh View Post
Where can you get an 07 cart for $1500? Around here that would be a $3000 cart. 20-25 year old carts still bring $2000+
I know where there are 4 or 5 of them. I can't post in open forum, but if you want to PM me I will point you there.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:27 PM   #23
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

I'm still trying to decide if its worth the investment - I don't know if anyone wants to buy parts off of these things - let alone a whole cart
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 04:36 PM   #24
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Let me get this straight. You can have the whole cart for 100$, right?
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 02:40 PM   #25
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Let me get this straight. You can have the whole cart for 100$, right?
that is correct. seems like a solid deal but i also dont want an old cart just sitting around taking up space if i can't sell parts off of it (I have NOT had a chance to get over there and test the motor yet). and i also dont want to spend ~$1300 on something that I might only sell for that much (IF i can sell it for that much). though i do love having a project.

also - if i start on this can anyone point me in the direction of batteries? what do I need? what size? I think they all need to be 6v? I was in rural king today and saw these two different kinds

i priced interstates through my company. the guy said they didn't have a u2200 available but had a u2300 for $142 and a u 2400 for $164. would like to spend literally any amount less than that, probably why i might end up staying away from this project haha

https://www.ruralking.com/battery-6v-625-cca-1.html
6v, 625cold cranking amps, $60

and this one is almost the same
https://www.ruralking.com/battery-6v-625-cca.html
6v, 625 cca, $40

i really want to get a price on these batteries so I can do a budget on this build so if anyone could possibly show me the difference in those batteries or possibly tell me if they are even the right kind? I would really appreciate it.

EDIT:
what do these stats mean? this is from the battery comparisons sticky. is the first number how long it takes to charge? am i correct to assume that 186 ah is that it will hold a charge for 186 hours? i know that it weighs 62 pounds but i have no idea what the rest of it means. thanks

Exide:

E3600, 390 Min @25Amps, 110 Min @75Amps to 5.25 volts, 186Ah @20Amps, 62 Lbs;
Old 05-04-2017, 03:41 PM   #26
ncrr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

In shopping around here, the best price was at Costco. Interstate GC2-HCL-UTL Golf Car Battery 210AH $83 plus your cores, no cores $15 more. i got all 7 with the same date code (had to do some picking though).
ncrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 03:52 PM   #27
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

$100 you can't go wrong. I had two marathons over the years and they were one of the best carts. Easy to paint and get dents out of since they have metal body. And I bet that one would Clean up nice with a power washer. I would buy that all day long. Get it running and flip it for $1K
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:24 PM   #28
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwocart View Post
that is correct. seems like a solid deal but i also dont want an old cart just sitting around taking up space if i can't sell parts off of it (I have NOT had a chance to get over there and test the motor yet). and i also dont want to spend ~$1300 on something that I might only sell for that much (IF i can sell it for that much). though i do love having a project.

also - if i start on this can anyone point me in the direction of batteries? what do I need? what size? I think they all need to be 6v? I was in rural king today and saw these two different kinds

i priced interstates through my company. the guy said they didn't have a u2200 available but had a u2300 for $142 and a u 2400 for $164. would like to spend literally any amount less than that, probably why i might end up staying away from this project haha

https://www.ruralking.com/battery-6v-625-cca-1.html
6v, 625cold cranking amps, $60

and this one is almost the same
https://www.ruralking.com/battery-6v-625-cca.html
6v, 625 cca, $40

i really want to get a price on these batteries so I can do a budget on this build so if anyone could possibly show me the difference in those batteries or possibly tell me if they are even the right kind? I would really appreciate it.

EDIT:
what do these stats mean? this is from the battery comparisons sticky. is the first number how long it takes to charge? am i correct to assume that 186 ah is that it will hold a charge for 186 hours? i know that it weighs 62 pounds but i have no idea what the rest of it means. thanks

Exide:

E3600, 390 Min @25Amps, 110 Min @75Amps to 5.25 volts, 186Ah @20Amps, 62 Lbs;
In central Alabama, you can get 6 new 6 volt Powertron (by Trojan) for $475 with cores.

As I mentione in a previous post, one shop I know of will sell you a set of used working batteries as low as $100 exchange. You can use these to test the cart, if it works, you bring the old batteries back and get an equal credit toward new batteries. If the cart does not work, he will buy the cores back for $60.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:48 PM   #29
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrr View Post
In shopping around here, the best price was at Costco. Interstate GC2-HCL-UTL Golf Car Battery 210AH $83 plus your cores, no cores $15 more. i got all 7 with the same date code (had to do some picking though).
well I might have to go to costco with somebody - only place that cheap around here was the local battery place that has crappy batteries but is real cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf cart man View Post
$100 you can't go wrong. I had two marathons over the years and they were one of the best carts. Easy to paint and get dents out of since they have metal body. And I bet that one would Clean up nice with a power washer. I would buy that all day long. Get it running and flip it for $1K
Ive been browsing craigslist..... I'm not sure its worth my time to mess with it to make $350 but I guess it can't hurt. I'm guessing it wouldn't go for much more than 1000
Old 05-05-2017, 03:15 PM   #30
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Cart is a lot more saleable [at least would be to me] with good batteries in it.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO