lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2017, 08:35 PM   #1
agpfl
Wild Gone

E-Z-GO

Default EZGO Series to PDS Conversion

New to posting on the forum, but not new to reading threads.

I just picked up a 2006 TXT Series project cart and would like to convert it to a PDS. Other than controller, motor, wiring harness, and f/r switch what else will it take?

I currently also own a 2004 PDS and I know the benefits of Series carts is torque and PDS is speed with a huge hit to torque. I live in FL with no hills or elevation and will only drive on the paved street and sidewalks and am looking for speed over torque.

I will buy an Alltrax400PDS controller, purchase a plum quick bandit motor, purchase a push button f/r switch for the dash, and hand build the wiring harness. Could there be anything else I am missing? Microswitch somewhere?

Thanks
agpfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2017, 05:32 AM   #2
MichaelClayshulte
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Series to PDS Conversion

May take a new solenoid but if you are going with the alltrax you have to get a beefer one anyways. I did the exact same thing you are doing about 2 years ago and have really enjoyed the speed aspect over the torque. I may actually have another good used pds wiring harness in the garage if you want it, save you some time over making one
MichaelClayshulte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:39 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Another option over the Alltrax is a Curtis 1268. Did the same thing you are doing a few years ago and was pretty easy. Came with wiring harness that I was able to grab the existing wires and hook them to the correct locations, added a Club Car FnR switch and housing over the old FnR hole, few more things and good to go. Did have to have a Curtis hand held to get it all setup when done but ended up with a 2 speed cart that cruise at mid 20s with 25in tires in high and will climb anything you point it at in low.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:53 AM   #4
agpfl
Wild Gone

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Another option over the Alltrax is a Curtis 1268. Did the same thing you are doing a few years ago and was pretty easy. Came with wiring harness that I was able to grab the existing wires and hook them to the correct locations, added a Club Car FnR switch and housing over the old FnR hole, few more things and good to go. Did have to have a Curtis hand held to get it all setup when done but ended up with a 2 speed cart that cruise at mid 20s with 25in tires in high and will climb anything you point it at in low.
I am looking for more speed than mid 20's and I will only have 23" tires. If I am going to purchase a controller, my money is going towards Alltrax.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:53 AM   #5
agpfl
Wild Gone

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelClayshulte View Post
May take a new solenoid but if you are going with the alltrax you have to get a beefer one anyways. I did the exact same thing you are doing about 2 years ago and have really enjoyed the speed aspect over the torque. I may actually have another good used pds wiring harness in the garage if you want it, save you some time over making one
I will sent you a PM. I may need to post a couple more times.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:55 AM   #6
agpfl
Wild Gone

E-Z-GO

Still can't send PM
Old 05-10-2017, 10:56 AM   #7
agpfl
Wild Gone

E-Z-GO

Trying one last time
Old 05-10-2017, 11:08 AM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Just want to throw this out there.....if you want to have a cart that will run north of the mid-20's....and you are on 23' tires. Seeing as how you are going to be doing a total drive system up-grade. You could leave it a Series cart (no wiring harness to deal with) and basically run my set-up (SEE MY SIG) but jump to 48v. My Series cart will run 25 mph all day long and its still at 36v....with the jump to 48v it will put it at 30 to 33 mph. which is what I am doing at my next battery replacement, and all I will need to do to upgrade will be to get the proper diode and resistor (about $10 total).
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:12 AM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well I did forget to mention the rear end in the cart we built was a 15:1 with a limited slip so if it had been the standard we probably would have been over 30. I just didn't want to push the system that hard..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:22 PM   #10
MichaelClayshulte
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Pm sent to you agpfl
MichaelClayshulte is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO