lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2017, 10:02 PM   #1
pgroveguy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Throttle switch primer?

I'm sure this information is buried here in this forum somewhere, but my quick search didn't find it. Could somebody provide me a quick description of how the throttle micro switch is supposed to work?

I'm having trouble with new alltrax controller and tech support said I have a bad switch. I think bad adjustment may be more likely, if I understand how it works. I think it's supposed to be open at rest, close when I start to press the pedal, then open again. Mine starts closed and I'm not sure how to adjust it.

Any help?
pgroveguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2017, 05:56 AM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Throttle switch primer?

Old 05-26-2017, 06:49 AM   #3
pgroveguy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

04 PDS 36v ( now 42v)
pgroveguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 12:10 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The contacts of the pedal microswitch should be open when the pedal is up and closed when the pedal is down.

The NC (Normally Closed) contacts are used, so when the pedal is up the lever on the microswitch ought to be in the activated (pushed) position. The collar on the plunger pushes the lever on the switch, and if the plunger is far enough out of adjustment, the roller on the lever can drop off the collar when pedal is up. See attached picture.

Since you say your pedal switch is closed when pedal is up, opens as pedal is pressed and then closes again, it sounds like the roller arm is not staying pushed when pedal is up. Might be maladjusted, however being closed when pedal was up ought to have caused a HPD error with the stock controller. Has anybody been messing around inside the pedal Box?

Attachment 2 & 3 are how it should be adjusted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo ITS & Pedal Switch.jpg (125.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ITS Adjust Pg-1.jpg (153.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ITS Adjust Pg-2.jpg (143.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO