lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2017, 12:28 AM   #1
Fegarex
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2003 TXT PDS reverse switch issue

As the title says, I have a 2003 TXT PDS (36v). I gave it a bath yesterday and shortly after the back up alarm started going off. I switch the controller from run to tow and back and it quit. The cart ran fine for a short trip and then I parked for a while. I came back and it wouldn't go forward or reverse. After a lot of checking simple things I started flipping the switch back and forth until it moved in reverse and then it moved forward as well. Seems to be fine now.
Is the switch bad? I did replace it less than a year ago (which doesn't mean the new one can't go bad) but just wondered if I need to look at something else.
Fegarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2017, 12:52 AM   #2
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2003 TXT PDS reverse switch issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegarex View Post
As the title says, I have a 2003 TXT PDS (36v). I gave it a bath yesterday and shortly after the back up alarm started going off. I switch the controller from run to tow and back and it quit. The cart ran fine for a short trip and then I parked for a while. I came back and it wouldn't go forward or reverse. After a lot of checking simple things I started flipping the switch back and forth until it moved in reverse and then it moved forward as well. Seems to be fine now.
Is the switch bad? I did replace it less than a year ago (which doesn't mean the new one can't go bad) but just wondered if I need to look at something else.

Yeah certain things don't like getting wet, but as you know the buzzer went off after a while. If it's intermittent chances are you have an exposed wire that when wet it acts up. Other than that how are your batteries? The run tow switch can also start going bad but I don't think it's your issue. I once had that issue with a Yamaha cart and it turned out to be exposed wire coming from a butt connector. So water in the right place can stop a cart from moving completely
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 01:05 AM   #3
Fegarex
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I looked over the wires to see if there were any exposed with the exception of the throttle switch. I know water does funny things to electrics and assumed that was it but usually patience and time cure that. Perhaps I just didn't wait long enough. Batteries are not great but just come off the charger. Been running fine since. I was just going to "jump" the wires on the F/R switch but really didn't know if that would work. Sometimes the switches have more going on the inside.
Old 05-29-2017, 04:42 AM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Sounds like water made it inside of the ITS box or into the harness connections for the ITS. That's the throttle sensor.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 04:47 AM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I try and cover all components when washing, but follow up with a leaf blower to dry.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 05:18 AM   #6
Fegarex
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks all. I usually use an air hose after a wash but the leaf blower is a good idea.
Old 05-29-2017, 08:21 AM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If you heard the reverse buzzer I am betting on the fnr got wet. When I wash a cart out I tend to shoot water from the sides and not directly at the dash. If needed I just put my hand over components I'm worried about.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:51 AM   #8
Fegarex
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I am pretty sure that happened as I relocated the switch under the seat like the other models and I think I splashed it pretty hard doing the floor. I will cover it next time.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:28 AM   #9
Fegarex
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Update.
I ran the cart for a while yesterday and while climbing a slight grade the power was fading. I heard a slight "pop" and then it went dead. I trailered it home and tried it this morning and after a couple of tries switching back and forth it took off again. I WILL point out the batteries are on borrowed time and most hills are not an option if you run it just a short time. Batteries are coming in a week or so when I make the 100 mile trip to get them.
I'm sure the batteries are an issue but what else it going on?
Thanks.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:26 PM   #10
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegarex View Post
Update.
I ran the cart for a while yesterday and while climbing a slight grade the power was fading. I heard a slight "pop" and then it went dead. I trailered it home and tried it this morning and after a couple of tries switching back and forth it took off again. I WILL point out the batteries are on borrowed time and most hills are not an option if you run it just a short time. Batteries are coming in a week or so when I make the 100 mile trip to get them.
I'm sure the batteries are an issue but what else it going on?
Thanks.

As you said, the batteries are probably your main issue. As for the pop you heard, it couldn't of been a component exploding otherwise you wouldn't have been able to drive it later. It sounds to me like you might have heard something arcing that sounds like a pop and then the car went dead. Seems consistent with a battery cable not being tightened and then the car stops running. Make sure everything is tight
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO