lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2018, 10:16 PM   #21
Rexx321
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Talk me down from the MOT-A4

i am getting something lol

ic motors jumping fences in my sleep lol like a horse race!
Rexx321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2018, 04:32 AM   #22
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm not sure this will help but it cannot hurt.
2006 precedent
Alltrax xct400
**** Wal-Mart grade 12v marine batteries
**** OEM cables
20in tires
Mot- A2 speed motor
29 mph on flat ground (Garmin GPS)

Torque isn't like the oem motor but I can still give my wife whiplash. ��

I'm converting to lithium shortly waiting on my charger and BMS to get here batteries came Monday!! The BMS is still probably 2-3 weeks out. I'll post a full build thread when it's all finished.
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 09:25 PM   #23
beachguysc
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkerle View Post
I'm not sure this will help but it cannot hurt.
2006 precedent
Alltrax xct400
**** Wal-Mart grade 12v marine batteries
**** OEM cables
20in tires
Mot- A2 speed motor
29 mph on flat ground (Garmin GPS)

Torque isn't like the oem motor but I can still give my wife whiplash. ��

I'm converting to lithium shortly waiting on my charger and BMS to get here batteries came Monday!! The BMS is still probably 2-3 weeks out. I'll post a full build thread when it's all finished.
I don’t mean to revive this old post, but you have very similar set up to what I have. Currently Alltrax 400, 200amp solenoid, 20” tires, 2 gauge cables and 12v batteries. I was thinking about Selling my stock amd 3.3hp motor and getting an A2. All the sales material says it is only good for 24mph with my current setup, but I already get 26 with my stock motor. If you can get 29 on flat with similar components, that would make it worth the upgrade expense to me. Also, it seems your saying the A2 doesn’t have the torque of the factory motor? Could you expand on that thought? And did you have the GE motor or amd prior to the A2? Thanks
beachguysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 09:43 PM   #24
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachguysc View Post
I don’t mean to revive this old post, but you have very similar set up to what I have. Currently Alltrax 400, 200amp solenoid, 20” tires, 2 gauge cables and 12v batteries. I was thinking about Selling my stock amd 3.3hp motor and getting an A2. All the sales material says it is only good for 24mph with my current setup, but I already get 26 with my stock motor. If you can get 29 on flat with similar components, that would make it worth the upgrade expense to me. Also, it seems your saying the A2 doesn’t have the torque of the factory motor? Could you expand on that thought? And did you have the GE motor or amd prior to the A2? Thanks
So when I bought my a2 my alltrax controller died on me before I could swap the motor. With the a2 and alltrax combined the torque is much better than the OEM motor. I've since switched to lithium still running the a2 and xct400 and it's a beast. 40mph on 27in tires and itll still lift one front wheel on hard acceleration. Im beyond happy and impressed. My OEM motor was GE.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2019, 03:08 AM   #25
Zeusmotorworks
Getting Wild
Club Car

Well, just got my order from ScottyB: XCT500IQ control, 400 solenoid/the Admiral 14 HP A4 motor/Alltrax Install kit/FN2 control. If I can figure out how to install it all correctly guess I’ll have an opinion soon.
Zeusmotorworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 04:49 AM   #26
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeusmotorworks View Post
Well, just got my order from ScottyB: XCT500IQ control, 400 solenoid/the Admiral 14 HP A4 motor/Alltrax Install kit/FN2 control. If I can figure out how to install it all correctly guess I’ll have an opinion soon.
You'll be more than happy! I wish I would have done the a4 the first time around. It pulls alot less amps than the a2 at speed. It's a little bit slower but not much and still getting over 30mph which in my opinion is plenty fast. With a 2 speed it would be slicker than butter!

You have plenty of help here if needed. It's all pretty straight forward. You have a 50/50 shot of getting the small f cables backwards so be prepared to go in the opposite direction when you first try and move the cart.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2019, 10:22 PM   #27
Zeusmotorworks
Getting Wild
Club Car

Well probably need to start another thread but I've confused myself on the wiring and read too much... to the point that I've scatter brained myself. Won't have a review/input on the XCT500IQ control, 400 solenoid/the Admiral 14 HP A4 setup until I can get someone on the line to help. To me it looks like the Alltrax instructions and ScottyB's instructions contradict one another. So the carts down until it's sorted. Also, I only received one diode for the small connectors on the relay. Nothing for the large ones?
Old 03-07-2019, 10:41 PM   #28
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

The regen diode (for the large posts) should have been included with the Alltrax controller as it is supplied by Alltrax. I responded to your other thread, state what is wrong and we will get you going. The XCT install is actually very easy.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 09:54 AM   #29
Zeusmotorworks
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks, will keep all in the other thread until I get it up and running for a review.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:37 PM   #30
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Alltrax includes and we send the regen diode with all controllers.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car